"Lay down. You must be tired from carrying me." Hoseok hesitated, glancing at the narrow space. Usually, he would jump at the chance to sleep next to his best friend but today's atmosphere was entirely different and the both of them could feel it. Nonetheless, Hoseok climbed into the spot next to Yoongi curling up right beside him. The both lay there for a while, in the comfort of one another as they soaked each other's presence.

Then, the older boy who was unable to remain silent any longer allowed his thoughts to seep into the sudden question he voiced. "Yoongi? You said you l-loved me. What is love to you?" Hoseok stared at the off-white ceiling as he spoke with his hands underneath his head as an extra cushion. The both of them were silent for a moment absorbing the older boy's question before Yoongi turned from his back to his side in order to face his Hyung.

"To me, love is the feeling you get when you are happy. Hyung, I said 'I love you' because you made me happy. I'm sorry if I made you angry when I said that. Please, forgive me! I p-promise I won't say 'l love you' anymore. Just don't ever leave me. You make me so happy."

His voice broke at the end as a tear rolled down the side of his cheek. Hoseok, who was now facing the younger boy as well, reached out to wipe his tears.

"Please don't cry. I don't like it when you're sad. It's okay. I don't mind it if you l-love me. I l-love you too. Yoongi, you might not know it but you make me really happy." Hoseok confessed right before slipping his hand in Yoongi's and giving it a tight squeeze. Slowly, a gummy smile spread across Yoongi's face as he scooted close enough for their noses to touch. Hoseok could feel the younger boy's milky breath tickling his lips making him bright red.

He knew what a kiss was as he had seen his older sister doing it plenty of times with her boyfriend. But he didn't think Yoongi knew what a kiss was. Did he? He sure seemed to know a lot about love from his parents. He was lucky though. At least he had parents who loved each other. Hoseok's foster parents fought almost all the time.

Hoseok closed his eyes, soothed by the soft puffs of breath that escaped younger boy's mouth, shaking away his troubled thoughts. It was better that he didn't think of his foster parents because it always made him think of his... biological parents who'd left him at an amusement park years ago.

He had a very dull recollection of them but he knew that the law enforcement officers were kind enough to take him in and put him into the foster service after they'd left him. He was grateful for the schooling that foster service provided him because, without it, he would've never crossed paths with his now best friend, Min Yoongi.

Yoongi had slowly but surely become his everything. Hoseok would do anything to stay by the younger boy's side, even if it meant he had to tolerate the abuse of his foster parents.

Lost in the thought of protecting Yoongi, Hoseok's breathing became even and in no time, he was fast asleep exhausted from the day's events.

Yoongi, who'd not yet succumbed to the land of dreams stared at his sleeping friend whose face went from peaceful to troubled in a matter of seconds as his face scrunched up. It seemed as though he was having a troubling dream. Not wanting to disturb the boy but wanting to stop the bad dreams, he immediately put his arms around the older boy pulling him close so that their bodies were now pressed against each other.

Yoongi never pretended not to know what went on at his friend's house since they were both neighbors and Hoseok always had some kind of scar when he came to school the next day. But, he was worried that one day Hoseok might really get hurt to the point that it would leave permanent damage. Yoongi just didn't understand what was holding Hoseok back from complaining to the police about his adoptive parents.

Frustrated and worried for his older friend, Yoongi slipped a hand through Hoseok's soft tufts of hair while the other was busy drawing soft circles on his older friend's back to help calm him down. It was when Hoseok's muscles began to relax that Yoongi allowed himself some rest. Soon, the both of them were dozing peacefully in the company of the afternoon sunlight, basking their sluggish bodies, wrapped in the cocoon of their own little world.

• • •

edit [2/16/19] : creds to my younger sister for the mood board!

a u t h o r ' s   n o t e

so, what do you guys think? let me know in the comments and don't forget to vote! thanks for the read and maybe we'll see each other in my future stories.

~ Bliss xx

edit ~ [08/24/18]

OKaY THE IDOL MV THO. CAn WE JUST TALK ABOUT THE CUTE RM FILTERS AND YOONGI'S SPARKLING SNOW WHITE SWEATER! AND THE WHOLE AESTHETIC IN GENERAL. IM SO PROUD OF OUR BOYS! THEY'VE COME SO FAR! I'M KINDA LOWKEY SAD THAT THIS ERA IS COMING TO AN END BUT, ALSO VERY EXCITED TO SEE WHAT ELSE OUR BOYS HAVE IN STORE FOR US. THEY NEVER FAIL TO AMAZE ME AND I KNOW Y'ALL CAN RELATE. ANYWAYS, I HOPE YOU HAD FUN READING THIS WHILE I 'M STILL ATTEMPTING TO PICK MY JAW OFF GROUND.

kay byeeee

~ a starstruck Bliss