My Wife and I

"I'm always here for you, Billie. I mean that." Brian hesitated before he spoke up again. "Can... can I touch your stomach?"

Billie looked at him surprised, not having expected such a question. "Uhm... o-okay. But... it's nothing special... just me getting fat."

Brian smiled and kissed her cheek. "You're not getting fat, Billie. And even if that should happen, I will always think you're beautiful. The most beautiful woman ever. You're doing such an incredible thing, there's no way I'd ever hold something like that against you. I love you."

"I love you too," she mumbled. "Thank you, Bri."

"Of course," he said and carefully moved his hand up under her shirt, placing his hand on her stomach. "It doesn't feel very different yet.."

"I told you, it's nothing special," Billie said, a little embarrassed when Brian pulled her shirt up to look at her stomach closely.

"Can you feel anything yet?" He asked curiously, resting his ear on Billie's stomach. It was making her a little uneasy, but she knew she had to allow him that.

"No... just feeling a little sick here and there and my breasts hurt..."

"I'm sorry," Brian said, looking at her again. "Let me know if there's anything I can do for you."

"I will... I promise. Really, this time. I'm sorry how all of this went, Brian..."

"It's okay," he assured her. "I know this isn't easy for you. All that matters is that you tell me those things in the future. I have a right to know... don't you think?"

"I do. Of course you do." He was right, and she knew that. And she knew she was lucky he was reacting relatively relaxed. She was lucky to have him. "I love you so much, I hope you know that."

"I do. I love you too, Billie. But I also know what you're like when you're stuck in that place. It happened before that your brain convinced you that something is a lot worse than it actually is. We'll work it out though."

"I know," she agreed. "Thank you. I'm so grateful that you're so wonderful. It's ... it's already a bit less scary," she admitted.

"That's good. I'm glad to hear that," he said with a smile and kissed her cheek. "You know, I know that wasn't the plan, but how about you come to Liverpool with us too? That way you wouldn't have to be alone.."

Billie thought about his suggestion before she nodded. "I think that would be good.."

"Mhm, I think so too.. I'd prefer having you there with me where I can help you and know you're okay," Brian said, placing his hand on her stomach again, not saying anything for a moment. "Are you sure you're feeling better?"

"Yeah," Billie said, wrapping her arms around him. "I am, I promise. You always help... I know that, I don't know why I didn't immediately come to you. I know I should but..."

"You don't have to explain yourself, Billie, I promise. We're okay, as long as you handle things differently from now on," he told her quietly, holding her close.

Billie nodded a little. "I will. Thank you for being such a wonderful husband, I really appreciate that you're so patient and understanding."

"I love you, Billie, you're my wife. I'm always here to support you," he told her and kissed her cheek.

Billie took a deep breath and smiled. "I love you too, Bri... so much." They were both quiet for a moment before Billie spoke up again. "I know you probably have a lot more questions... you can ask, I won't get upset. Or at least I'll try my best not to, I promise."