HIS LIABILITY 7B

B

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Make sure you correct your manners starting from now, you're meeting up with him day after tomorrow," ma'Amina informed Zara.

Saliha soundlessly laid on her bed, feigning to be sleeping. The information had sorely grieved her. Her anxious heart swung round whilst she grasped tightly to the bed sheets, tortured about the whole that was taking place around her.

What made it worse exist that Zara had scorned her. Nobody even stated a thing to her again about the 'recent ploy'. It was as if everything was advancing in a normal way.

Saliha felt like speaking to ma'Amina to pursue the grounds for their alteration of plans but did not feel the boldness to. Afterall, she remained a nobody to interrogate them about highly important but haste decisions that they grasped. Eventually, she later presumed that her uncle may have had knowledge of all that was happening, yet was strongly confident he was not pleased with it even if he knew.

The luminescences were instantly extinguished and Saliha accurately detected the doorway close which meant Zara was out. Feeling down, she rose high, inquisitive to perceive where she vanished to.

"I can't wait to marry her off," ma'Amina told her sister.

"She's becoming a liability to you, I can see," ma'Hanan mumbled, scrolling the tv channels. They were having late night discussions as usual.

Saliha squatted very close to the open door, listening attentively to the conversation. Zara was also a part of it.

"But do you think Yusuf will agree to this?" ma'Hanan asked, her eyes now on her phone. She was texting her children who were living with their grandmother at Kentucky.

"ٹھیک ہے، لڑکے نے پھر جواب نہیں دیا! لگتا ہے اسے اب سَلو میں دلچسپی نہیں رہی! سادہ اور واضح وجہ

Well, the boy did not respond again! Seems he is no longer interested in Sallu! Simple and obvious reason."

"WAllahi that's a shame." Zara chirped in.

"A shame indeed," ma'Amina stated as she moved the prayer beads with her right hand.

"How long do I need to cleanse my face with this?" Zara asked, showing her sisters a liquid cleanser.

"بہتر اثرات کے لیے اسے استعمال کرتے رہیں

Keep using it for better effects," ma'Amina energetically replied and looked away to her right.

Saliha quietly stood up and left to the bedroom. The moment she closed the door, she sat on the floor sobbing her heart out with an aim to release all the pain that was itching her deep inside.

"Ya Rabb, make things better for me, I plead you," she finally said, now composed after minutes of crying. She slowly walked to her bed and got underneath the covers, attempting to drift into a sleep.