Chapter 19: Trump Card

Start from the beginning

"I didn't know it was you!" Malfoy wailed, stung in the ass with magic arrow.

Jumping over Ravenclaw table, the guy rushed to his house mates. Judging by frightened eyes of Slytherins, they weren't particularly eager to intercede for their prefect - Narcissa was way more scarier in anger.

"Oh, you didn't know it was me?! You're were going to cheat on me, miserable morel? Beata wasn't enough?"

Beata, by the way, enjoyed the moment, pushing a huge sandwich with cherry jam into her mouth, not caring that it was dripping on her jeans.

"Morel? Me?"

Malfoy turned to Narcissa and immediately regretted. The girl was just waiting for it - waving her wand, she casted the spell, which flashed with a dark brown stroke in front of his angry face. After a moment, Lucius's skin began to shrink in a strange way, causing him to howl pitifully and run to the exit, probably to the Hospital Wing.

"Miss Black, care to explain what's going on here," Dumbledore, curiously glancing at the scene, silently approached the girl from behind.

"This lecherous skunk can't keep in his pants the part that impermissibly bulges!" Narcissa turned so abruptly that headmaster had to back off from the girl, just in case.

"Well, for a man, it's more of a compliment... The second part of what you said, of course," Dumbledore recovered, taking another step back.

"You can report this to Lucius immediately. So that he wouldn't be so hurt when he sees what his... visible part turned into," Narcissa said.

A sympathetic male moan swept through the hall.

"I'll let him know," Dumbledore grinned. "And you, Miss Black, should talk with head of your house about detention for behavior so inappropriate for a lady."

"Of course, Professor," Narcissa fixed her hair with all the dignity and wrapped in her robe. "Next time, I won't be so vulgar, I'll just cut off all unnecessary parts without any words."

Now a wave of trembling swept across the hall.

"Your cousin got a temper," James chuckled, unwittingly shivering at the words 'cut off'.

"And no brains," Black eyed his sister, who had retired from the hall with high-raised head to the applause of the whole Gryffindor and the cheers of senior girls. "Mother will be furious."

"Malfoy really had no right to do this?"

"Sex before the wedding? No, this is strictly forbidden. And he couldn't be so stupid... Something tells me that there was a conspiracy here."

"A conspiracy? What conspiracy?" James faked astonishment. "What are you talking about? Something like this never happened in this school!"

Both friends laughed and immediately, not saying a word to each other, turned towards Emily Parker, who watched with mild interest after departing Narcissa. Sensing close attention of the two Gryffindors, Parker turned, snorted and looked away.

"Not her," Black stated and turned steadily toward the Slytherin table.

Beata joyfully waved a sandwich at him, sprinkling the jam on surrounding students. Black grimaced and shook his head.

✨ ✨ ✨

Beata was bored. She was bored usually, but now - also sad. Strange feeling, she reasoned. Very strange. She hasn't experienced this for several years.

First, she ran away from home to Hogwarts, then befriended Malfoy, after - Parker. Then AB appeared, then disappeared and returned again.

The last year was the apotheosis of this grandiose game and Beata liked it. She liked to stay in the shadows, enjoying even more than the instigators themselves. She liked to watch someone skillfully pulling strings, bringing every 'doll' to its and only its role. Of course, she had suspicions about who the notorious AB were and to some extent she even had clues, but she wasn't going to use them.