Chapter Seven | Aquamarine Ring

ابدأ من البداية

The ring is an emerald cut aquamarine surrounded by small solitaire diamonds and set in 24 carat yellow gold. It was created by Asprey in 1997.

Eugenie's engagement ring

Kate's engagement ring

The younger generation of royals have been driving jewellery sales, with many shoppers flocking to nab replica engagement rings

March 14, 2019

Announcement: The Household of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex

The Queen has agreed to the creation of a new Household for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, following their marriage in May last year. The Household, which will be created with the support of The Queen and The Prince of Wales, will be established in the spring.

The Duke of Sussex currently has his own private office, which has been supporting The Duchess since November 2018. This long-planned move will ensure that permanent support arrangements for The Duke and Duchess's work are in place as they start their family.

The Queen has given permission for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex to base their Household Office at Buckingham Palace. Their Royal Highnesses will appoint new communications staff, who will form part of the Buckingham Palace communications team and report to The Queen's Communications Secretary, Donal McCabe. Kensington Palace will continue to support Their Royal Highnesses until that team is in place.

Update from Kensington Palace

Jason Knauf has been appointed as Senior Adviser to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. His responsibilities will include advising Their Royal Highnesses on their charitable initiatives – including work on the environment, mental health, and early childhood – and supporting a review of the charitable structures that underpin their work.

Christian Jones has been appointed as Communications Secretary to The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Sara Latham has been appointed to head up communications for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, reporting directly to The Queen's Communication Secretary. Sara joins from Freuds where she oversaw global corporate accounts with a particular emphasis on executive thought leadership and purpose-led campaigns.

-

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex launches their social media accounts

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex launches their Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram

For Instagram, the couple chose to use The Duchess of Sussex personal account which has 14.1 million followers and reportedly has gone up to 22.5 million followers in June since the launch of the sussexroyal page.

The new account's handle is @sussexroyal and the first post was a series of photos, the first of which said, "Official Instagram for their royal highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Sussex." The other photos in the post featured the couple in photos together and on their own greeting the people of the U.K., traveling, doing charity work and even featured Harry's military days.

The caption on the first post said, "Welcome to our official Instagram; we look forward to sharing the work that drives us, the causes we support, important announcements, and the opportunity to shine a light on key issues. We thank you for your support, and welcome you to @sussexroyal."

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex opened their joint account, @sussexroyal, on April 2. It has gained 3.5 million followers with just three posts since then, shattering Guinness record on Instagram.

-

June 11, 2019

1,698,791 likes

1,698,791 likes

sussexroyal The Duke and Duchess of Sussex arrives for tonight's @Sentebale #SentebaleAudiConcert at @HRP_palaces Hampton Court @RitaOra the headline act. The prince launched the charity to support children affected by HIV in Lesotho and other parts of Southern Africa.

View all 1,900 comments

Prince Harry and Ellie Goulding joins a host of stars including Rita Ora and Katherine Jenkins at a concert hosted by his charity Sentebale

The Duke of Sussex, 34, and The Duchess of Sussex, 32, arrived for the concert hosted by his charity Sentebale
Singer Rita Ora will perform at event, while other celebrities including Tom Hardy also attended.

His charity, which he started in 2006, supports children affected by HIV and AIDs in three African countries.

The Duke of Sussex looked suave tonight as he arrived on his own for a concert hosted by his charity Sentebale in Hampton Court Palace.

Harry, 34, wore a smart blue jacket over a crisp white shirt and grey trousers as he joined other celebrities including Katherine Jenkins, Gemma Arterton and Emilia Fox.

Ellie, 32, wore a stunning red dress featured Self Portrait's signature detailing, with a see-through guipure lace overlay and matching shift layered underneath to keep things modest.

The shorter style showed off Ellie's toned legs, while her tiny waist was highlighted with a thin strip of see-through lace.

Ellie paired the star spangled dress with a pair of black heels which featured a black strap around the ankle and a simple gold ring.

In the beauty department, Ellie opted for a natural look, with her long blonde tresses left loose and textured across her shoulders.

For makeup, the Duchess of Sussex wore a light sheer foundation, nude matte lipstick, champagne coloured eyeshadow and a slick of mascara.

During the evening the Duke will welcome singer Rita Ora and Sentebale ambassador and spoken word artist, George the Poet - who will both perform to an audience of 3,000 people.

The concert will raise funds and awareness for Sentebale, the charity founded by Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso Bereng Seeiso in 2006, to support children and young people affected by HIV and AIDS in Lesotho, Botswana and Malawi.