Skylox Songfic Oneshot ~ You Belong With Me

~Your on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset~

I sighed, hearing Adam's loud voice comeing from downstairs, presumably talking with his girlfriend. Apperently, she isn't in the best mood right now.

~She's going off about something that you said~

I wince as I hear her shouting at him. Even from up here on the second floor I can hear her nasal voice clearly, she's ranting on about something that Adam said in one of his videos.

~ She doesn't get your humor like I do ~

I sighed. Honestly, the girl had never understood his sense of humor as well as me, or really any of his fans for that matter.

~ I'm in my room, it's a typical Tuesday night ~

I sat there in my room, a typical Tuesday in the TC house, lost in my own thoughts.

~ I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like ~

I cranked up the volume on my phone, rocking out and playing an air guitar. I chuckle slightly, the thought sudenly occuring to me, realizing that she would never be caught dead listening to this type of music.

~ She'll never know your story like I do ~

I took some pride in knowing that even though she was his girlfriend, she would never know him as well as I did.

~ She wears short skirts, I wear T-shirts ~

I silently compared myself to her. Was I not good enough? Was it because she dresses in all those fancy mini-shirts? I mentally scolded myself. Of course that's not it Ty, your perfectly fine with your regular T-Shirts.

~ She's chear captain, and I'm on the bleachers ~

If this was highschool, I thought to myself while snickering slightly, she would be the cheer captain and I would just be there on the sidelines, sitting on the bleachers.

~Dreaming 'bout the day, where you wake up and find; that whatvyour looking for has been here the whole time ~

I sighed, closing my eyes and picturing the day where Adam would finally realized I had been sitting here patiently the whole time, waiting for him to realize we were meant to be together.

~ Can't you see that I'm the one who understands you ~

If only he could see that I was the one who got him, who supported him, who understood him.

~ Been here all along, so why can't you see ~

I had been his best friends for so many years, I knew him better than the back of my hand, and vice versa. But why couldn't he just understand?

~ You belong with me, you belong with me ~

He belonged with me, no some mean girl who wore too much makeup, I thought, closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep.

_______________________________________________________________________

~Walk in the streets with you and your worn out jeans ~

Adam and I laughed and we walked along the streets of town, me wearing my favorite hoodie, and him wearing his favorite, old, worn out pair of jeans, which he insisted brought him luck.

~I can't help thinking this is how it ought to be ~

Honestly? This is what he should be doing with his time instead of hanging out with that evil he calls his girlfriend.