'It was a statement.'

'A completely irrelevant one...'

I sighed aloud. God I hate him sometimes. His stupid haughty attitude!

He chuckled once more in my mind. 'Glad you're beginning to fancy me.'

'I didn't say that!' I snapped at him.

'You didn't have to.'

He makes me want to slap him.

'I'd love to see you try.'

'Would you stop that?' I asked, irritated.

'Stop what?'

'Trying to distract me.'

'Is it working?'

'No. Now please tell me why you two are arguing!'

'Not a chance.'

'As your future Queen, I command you to tell me why you are arguing with your cousin!' I demanded.

There was no reply for exactly three-point five seconds, and then the sound of laughter echoed through my brain. Pure, unfiltered, uninhibited laughter. A deep, not scary deep but deep, timbre resonating in my soul and I couldn't help but think how nice it would sound to my ears.

'You...are...very...amusing. I've never...been this...tickled before...'I command you'...hahahaha'

'This conversation's going nowhere,' I said, completely ticked off and ended the conversation with the sound of his laughter still in my mind.

I shot back down my pathway and into my own thoughts. Opening my eyes, which I hadn't realized I'd closed, I looked at the pair who seemingly hadn't moved an inch at all.

I wanna know too...

Sighing I once again took a deep breath and concentrated, only this time, instead of following the familiar path to attractive-pompous-jerk-formally-known-as-Nikolai's mind, I found the second pathway that I knew to be Sin's and sped my way into his mind.

A dangerous thing to do apparently be cause I couldn't quite decipher words. Just emotions and images.

Panic is the most clear. It's unusual fiery orange hue engulfing me as images of me being torn apart by men that looked like thelycans earlier. My throat being ripped out with bare hands as they cheered with an almost frantic look in their eyes.

Fury is next. I knew all too well that evil red color that fought its way into my psyche. Images of men falling at my feet as a powerful aura surrounded me. Each vying for my attention and most of all my hand in marriage. A deep twist of the puke green colored jealousy mixed into the red making me almost gag at the bad taste it left in my mouth.

Lastly was hopelessness. The whiteness that surrounded me was surreal as images of me being passed from group to group, kingdom to kingdom, tears streaming down my face as I was forever used with no one to protect me.

He could tell that this is bigger than delivering a Princess to her throne. This is bigger than powers and faeries and vampires and other scary things that go bump in the night.

This - what I am and what I can be used for - can mean life or death for everyone.

And it all depended on me.

If anyone were to know... I could never be the same girl again.

I would always be a prisoner to a King or a general for some war, used only as a weapon, no matter what my status.

I snapped back into my head and sunk to the floor, thunder cracking outside and the sound of heavy rain falling from the sky. It fit with the tears streaming down my face as I sobbed repeatedly.

'I told you that you wouldn't like what you heard Prin-tsyes-sa.'

The weight of everything I'd done and everything I'd become in such a short time came crashing down on me and I did what felt right in that moment.

I checked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

I'm alive! Lol but seriously, I'm sorry for such a late upload as I mentioned earlier, IB is a really crazy program that works you until you die...not literally...cause then I'd be a zombie...but you know what I mean lol.

Also, my computer is totally fried...yeah how, I don't know, but it is...so my uploads will have to on the weekends and a bit sparringly so bear with me guys.

Love you guys so much : )

XOXOXOXOXOXOX

Aria

COMMENT, VOTE, FAN, FIND A SIN OR A NIKOLAI FOR YOURSELF OR SOMETHING LOL.

P.S

Which team are you, Nikolai or Sin, comment down below and tell me. I have a feeling which it might be but you might surprise me lol