Chapter 3 - A White Lie

Start from the beginning

We continued to Mr Flynn's office. When we arrived, I knocked and let Farrah in. As I turned to leave Alex grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me aside. He sat me down next to him on the sofa.

"Do you need help with something?" I questioned.

"Shhh." He whispered. "I just might, depending on how things go here. For now, tell me about you."

Dion's POV

"What is it now?" I asked with distain.

"Lose the attitude boy, I'm only trying to help you."

"You're trying to help the company. Not me."

"We're losing money and you can't deny that, look at the reports! It's embarrassing, you've turned my success into failure. All my hard work, years of it down the drain."

She picked some documents of my desk and started looking through them.

"We're not doing nowhere near as good as three years ago." She laughed. "You need my help, admit it."

"Your idea of help is getting me married into a rich family, I'm not doing that."

"Screw your feelings and man up, do what's best for the company."

"It's not going to happen."

"Listen, I'm not the bad guy here. If you were in a relationship then I'd leave you alone and try to find a better solution but you're not, so just give these women a try. You have so many to pick from."

"No." I said sternly.

"Who knows, you might actually fall in love and then the idea won't feel so bad anymore."

"NO!" I slammed my fist on the desk, my blood boiling. "I REFUSE."

"Give me one goddamn reason why! We have to look out for the future of our company, YOU'RE future! Why are you so reluctant?"

"Maybe I can help answer that, Auntie." Alex chimed in. He walked over, bringing Tessa with him.

"What are you talking about, Alex?" She sighed.

"You see, Dion didn't want to say anything but it's gotten to the point where it's just unbearable. To be honest I can't take it anymore either. This lovely lady here, Tessa Jones, is his girlfriend."

WHAT???

I looked at Alex then Tessa, who looked just as shocked as me. This idiot was about to get me in a ton of trouble.

"N-no, he's lying! I'm not dating her."

"Don't be shy, Dion! You can't keep it a secret for ever, if you don't come out and say it, then you guys won't stop fighting. Auntie, don't you think it's weird how he got a new assistant?"

"It's not weird, my last assistant left. I needed someone to fill her position. That's how business works!" I protested.

"He was against the whole marriage thing because he's dating Tessa. You've been putting a real strain on their relationship with your constant badgering. He was gonna tell you but you just made it so difficult for him."

My Mother turned to me, staring me down intensely. I quickly glanced at Alex, he shot me a wink, implying I play along.

"Is this true, Dion, are you in a secret relationship?"