Chapter 3 - A White Lie

Dion's POV

I sat at my desk looking through paperwork, Alex was walking around my office like a lost puppy. Touching any and everything.

"What are you, a child! Sit down and stop touching everything. It's annoying, I can't concentrate on my work."

"But I'm boredddddd." He whined. "You said this would only take 20 minutes but we've been here for three hours."

"I'm the CEO, which means I have work to do. You should take note, this could be you one day."

"You've just been reading all day. Hardly what I'd call work." He scoffed.

Just then Miss Jones walked into my office.

"Here are the printouts you requested. Anything else you need?"

"There was an client that I was supposed to see today but they had other matters to attend too, I'll need our meeting to be rescheduled. Book it for when I'm next free."

"I'll see to it, anything else?"

"I didn't know you got a new assistant." Alex intercepted and shook her hand. "I'm Alex, his cousin. Life of the party and overall great guy."

"Sorry, I didn't see you when I came in. I'm Tessa Jones."

"I hope Dion isn't working such a beautiful woman like yourself too hard." He flirted.

"No, not at all. I'm having fun."

"Alex, don't flirt with my assistant." I hissed.

"I give an innocent compliment and it's seen as flirting. I'm offended."

I pointed at the sofa, indicating for him to sit down and behave. He complied. Miss Jones smiled at us before becoming serious again.

"There's one more thing, someone is here to see you."

"Me? I'm not expecting anyone. Who is it?"

"There's a car park outside, the driver told me it was your Mother."

I let out a deep sigh and sank in my seat.

"...it's unavoidable, Dion." Alex sighed.

Alex was right, I can run and hide all I want but she'll never leave me alone.

"Very well, please escort her here."

"Okay."

Tessa's POV

I went down and waited at the entrance for his Mother. It seemed like he has a difficult relationship with her from his response.

"Oh! I remember you."

I looked up and saw the same older woman that I had help at the lift. She was Dion's Mother! I didn't even realise but now that I look at her, I see the resemblance.

Who would of thought that we would happen to meet each other again.

"Hello, again. I'll take you to Mr Flynn."

"You look more professional than the last time, new position?" She asked.

"Yes, I'm Mr Flynn's assistant."

"My son's assistant, impressive! You must be quite the hard worker, congratulations."

"You flatter me, thank you."

"I don't remember if I got your name last time, what was it?"

"Tessa Jones."

"Pleasure to meet you, Tessa." She shook my hand. "I'm Farrah Flynn."