Made To Be Together (A Trey Songz Love Story)

"Stop! It wasn't me!" I scream while being dragged by my hair down the stairs. Why is my boyfriend doing this? He NEVER hit me before.

"Bitch, shut the fuck up!" Dev yells, he doesn't like for me to say his full name.. He pushes up against the wall and punches me in the face two times. He grabs me by my neck and forces me to look in the mirrow in our.. I mean HIS bedroom. Blood gushes out of my bruised lip with my eye swollen. I don't even know what I did.

"See?!? Now look at what you made me do Lexi..That's what you get for being too sexy.I told your ass stop talking to Angela! She tryna get you me to leave me for some other nigga, right?" Dev scorns

I try to loosen his grip by punching him in balls.

"Shit!" He screams in pain and drops me onto the floor. Gasping for breath I run down the hallway, downstairs, looking for somethiong to protect myself with. Can't run at night in Englewood. You must be crazy or sum, I ain't gettin shot! I fall to my knees holding my aching face. I lay there lifelessly looking at the broken vase and shards buried deep in my arm. That was his deceased Grandma's favorite vase..

He stares at me

"I'm so sorry baby, look I didn't mean t-" He abruptly stops after hearing the doorbell.

"Don't you say shit if it's the police !" Dev says, then answers the door. Blood is everywhere. How can I lie about that shit?

"Where's Lexi?" My best friend, Angela asks worriedly

"In the living room, go get her ." Dev says coldly

While hearing foot steps and the door closing I start pulling out the shards of glass. One by one. Dev aint scared of nobody, I guess it's cause he's in a gang, thinking he set for life.. please

"Fuck, you ok? No, you ain't. We leaving." She says while helping me up

"I can't leave I gotta get my shit and he needs me!" I shout

"We'll get it tomorrow, ok? Just come spend a night with me." She says caring for me. She takes my hand and leads me out Dev's house. I just feel attached to it, I can't leave now.. No, not now

"RUN NIGGA RUN!" A man screams nearby.We run, well I'm limping, but trying to run fast as possible. Dev says I run slow, but everybody want me on they track team, he says I don't time for that shit when I could be with him...

We hear gunshots and run away from it. We hide behind a truck for safety.Hearing no guns or people we continue running.

"Help.. please call 911." A man in his early 20's says holding his bloody stomach in the street . In this neighborhood we don't call the police, we hide from them .Police bitches be trippin these days.

"I'll be back, imma get the ambulance. Don't move" Angela says.

We sprint down street looking for help, but running into the middle of a massive gang war instead. Bullets flying everywhere. Dead bodies on top of cars, under cars, just everywhere. I fall to the hard, cold street. Face first. Voices slowly fading away.......