Chapter Three

I woke up to the sun gleaming through the window, though the air was crisp and cold. Perks of fall in New York. But it wasn't in my bedroom, it was in Nate's. I smiled at the sight of him under the sunlight. God, he was beautiful.
I turned and ran my fingers through his hair, gently coaxing him awake. We had to get up for school soon and I wanted a moment with him. Both of us naked under the covers we were snuggled in.

Dinner had been amazing, if had eased all of my doubts and made me feel like I was part of a strong couple again, it felt good and right. We felt unbreakable again, how it should be. And after dinner? Well that had been utterly perfect too.

"Nate, wake up." I whispered, curling over on top of him.

"No." Was the grumbled response I got back.

"Come on, we've not got long left until we get up." I pouted.

"Exactly and I'm gonna use these precious moments to sleep." He rolled over, effectively pushing me off. Rude.

"Fine." I huffed, and turned so my feet landed on the floor, moving to get up and start getting ready for the day. I might as well considering Nate wasn't playing ball and waking up for me. But before I could move my whole body off the bed, I was pulled back again suddenly. "Nate!" I gasped with a laugh as my back hit the mattress again.

"Nope, sorry. I'm snoozing and you're snoozing with me." He pulled the covers back over us both again, his lips moving to kiss across my shoulders and up to my neck. It wasn't in a sensual way, we both knew we didn't exactly have time for that, it was more playful. I could feel his smile when he was kissing me, how was it that I couldn't even see his face and yet I still found him adorable?

I leaned back against him and let myself rest for a few moments longer, I didn't need anything else when I had Nate holding me making me feel safe, secure and protected.

I hadn't realised I'd managed to fall back asleep until the alarm went off again. It startled me awake and the noise had me trying to scoot under the covers more. I felt the body underneath me shake and I opened up one eye, looking up at my boyfriend. "What's so funny?" I grunted.

"Oh nothing, just half hour ago you were all awake and sprightly, and now we actually have to be up and you want to go to sleep." He teased.

"Not funny." I grumbled. "Let's just skip, have some time to ourselves." I ran my hand slowly down his torso for good measure, but he caught it in his to stop my movements.

"We can't. I have to show up to every class this year, make up for lost work." He'd explained this to me countless times, but it was very inconvenient when I wasn't in my senior year and didn't care as much about missing class.

"Fine." I sighed, rolling over onto my back. "You get up and get ready and I'll stay here and go to sleep." I nodded decidedly and rolled away from him.

"Oh no you don't. If I gotta go to school, you have to as well." He stood up and lifted me out of bed, making me burst out laughing and squirm in his arms.

"Hey! Put me down you brute!" I giggled, squirming in his arms.

"Brute huh? I'll show you brute." He huffed as he threw me onto the bed and started tickling me, making me squeal even more with laughter.

"Okay, okay I give up!" I surrendered.

"So you're coming to school?" He asked, his eyebrows raised.

"Yes, yes. You old nag. Just let me have a shower." I sighed, pushing him off me and standing up from the bed.

"Maybe I can join?" He suggested, wriggling his eyebrows.