Her Determination Shined In Her Match, Despite the Outcome

Start from the beginning

 "I'm taking a nap," I yawned, already tired of this match. Slumping on my seat and shutting my eyes, I dozed off easier than I expected. 

 "Hey Kashiwa?" I opened my right eye. Midoriya had his hand on my shoulder. He removed it quickly when he realized I was half awake. 

 "Yeah?" I asked. 

 "Um, Kirishima's match is about to begin," he said. I yawned and rubbed my other eye. 

 "So why are you waking me up?" 

 "I was wondering if you wanted to, um, come help Uraraka with me." I tilted my head. 

 "What do you mean help?" 

 "She's facing Kacchan in the next match. I think she's nervous about it. She left her drink here without drinking any of it. I wanna help her with a plan to beat Kacchan," Deku explained. He must really care about her. 

 "Fine, I'll come," I sighed. I really wanted to see who'd win though. We both stood up and I followed Deku to the waiting room. 

 "Hey Uraraka!" Izuku barged in. Iida and Uraraka were the only ones there. I shut the door behind us. 

 "Deku! Kashiwa!" she greeted. "But are you okay with not watching everyone's matches?" 

 "Oh, they all ended rather quickly. Short fights, really," he explained. 

 "Kirishima is facing off against that Tetsutetsu kid from 1-B right now," I said. 

 "Ashido caused Aoyama's belt to malfunction and the moment he panicked, she snuck in a one hit K.O. straight to his jaw! And Tokoyami won by striking first and making sure Yaoyorozu could never use any of the things she prepared," he continued. So Ashido and Tokoyami will be facing each other in the next round. 

 "In that case, then soon, the next match'll also..." Uraraka trailed off. 

 "But you know, mightn't even someone like Bakugo go easier on a female opponent?" Iida wondered. 

 "Nope, he won't," Midoriya answered immediately. 

 "Like hell," I agreed. 

 "Everyone here's giving it their all to become number one and achieve their dreams. So it's inconceivable for Kacchan, of all people, to stay his hand at all here..." 

 "Remember the athlete's oath? He was dead serious about winning. He's not gonna be pulling any punches. There's not even a snowball's chance in hell he would," I added. Maybe when hell freezes over. 

 "You've saved me so many times, Uraraka. So I thought I'd help you out in my own way, if only a little." Izuku pulled out the notebook I saw him writing in earlier. "This is a strategy I drafted against Kacchan based on your quirk! It's super hasty, last minute stuff, but this is what I've came up with!" 

 "Oho! You've must be please Uraraka!" Iida said. 

 "Thank you Deku..." she smiled at us. "But, it's all right." 

 "Huh?" Deku said. 

 "You're amazing Deku! You've already entered the spotlight so incredibly quick! For the cavalry thing, I said I'd rather team up with friends, but if I'm being truly honest with myself, I realize I may've been counting on you to pull through again. That's why when Iida said he was challenging you, I grew a little ashamed of myself." 

 "Uraraka..." Midoriya spoke. She began to stand up from her seat. 

 "That's why it's alright." She headed towards the door. "Everyone's duking it out with their futures in mind, so really, everybody's each other's rivals." Uraraka turned back at us and gave up a thumbs up. "Let's meet up at the final match." She left the room and I found myself going after her.