Her Determination Shined In Her Match, Despite the Outcome

*S took her damn time to editing. Almost three days now. So, here's picture of her cat on her foot. This is her way of apologizing. Cats and pure embarassment. He is cute though.*

I stretched my arms over my head as I walked back to the balcony. Iida and that girl with the googles is next. Knowing Iida, he'll do well. Unless that girl has some kind of quirk that's better. It could be better suited for support than hero work, but she has all those machines with her. If Iida wins, I'll be facing him in Round Two. I was met with an immersed Deku with a notebook and pen. 

 "Hey Kashiwa!" Uraraka smiled. "That was a great match!" 

 "Thanks," I said, sitting down. Izuku was still absorbed in writing while muttering to himself. "Is Midoriya okay or did that Shinsou kid screw up his brain?" 

 "Oh, I'm just taking notes of everyone's quirks," he stated. I cocked an eyebrow. 

 "He has information on everyone..." Uraraka added. 

 "I'm gonna pretend like that's not creepy whatsoever and act like I said nothing," I said. 

 "All right, here come the next matchups!" Present Mic announced. "Sprint to the top! He's coming across like a center fielder!? It's Tenya Iida of the Hero Course! Versus! She who is fully decked in support gear! Mei Hatsume of the Support Course! 

 "And is that a full array of support items on him too?!" I squinted, and sure enough, he had support gear too. 

 "As a general rule, Heroics students are prohibited to use any," Midnight mentioned. "You need to apply for permission beforehand, in cases where it might be an obstacle." 

 "Hah! I'm afraid I forgot!!" Iida said loudly. Since Aoyama has his belt equipped, I thought it was okay!" 

 "Yes, since he applied." 

 "I apologize profusely! However! My heart was moved by that girl's superb sportsmanship!! In spite of the fact she's from the Support Department, she told me: 'We're all on equal footing now that we've come so far, so I want to equalize the fight!' And so she granted me all of these items! Thereby she showed me her mettle! Her grit! I thought it would be small of me not to wield her works in this battle!" So damn formal. 

 "God, you're so inexperienced!" Midnight said. Guess that means she's okay with it

 "Well, if they're both of the same mind on the matter, then it's not outside the realm of permissibility...I suppose," I finally heard Dad comment. He's not the greatest commentator. This is the first time I've heard it. Present Mic has been running the show the entire time. 

 What Hatsume is doing doesn't make sense. Giving Iida support gear only increases his chance of winning. He could easily win this in less than a second if he needed to. What's the point of giving him things he doesn't need? 

 "Start!" Iida charged forward at Hatsume. 

 "That acceleration, it's fantastic, isn't it, Iida?" a voice asked. Another announcer? Glancing at the commentators, it still consisted of Present Mic and Aizawa. Wait, who...? Turning back to the match, Hatsume's face had a small dot and thing line near her mouth. Is she wearing a microphone? "I trust your legs feel lighter to lift than normal?! Well I'll tell you why! It's because those leg part are designed to follow in line with the motions of their lucky wielder!" What is...? 

 "But of course, evading is still easy as pie. That is, as long as you've got this hydraulic attachment bar!" She dodged Iida with her machine. I already knew what this match was. It was putty in her hands. She had no intention of winning. She's showing her items to impress the support companies. I forgot they come to this thing too. I feel bad for Iida though, but he's a sure win. As long as she gets to show off eveything she brought.