"Come on," I encouraged, jumping up from my seat and swaying a little. I touched my head and for the second time, Loki asked me if I was alright. I nodded.

There was a small path through all the dancers that I squeezed through. I hoped I would get to the other side, but instead, Loki and I ended up in the middle of the floor, dancers surrounding us, trapping us here.

I swore under my breath, not liking my close proximity with Loki. "I guess this is alright."

Loki tensed, moving around as if not wanting to be touched by anyone. His shoulder bumped into mine and he jerked away before realizing it was me.

"Humans are not infected, Loki." I said, but he still looked slightly uncomfortable. "Just loosen up a bit and dance. It's not that big of a deal."

I swayed slightly and moved my arms and legs, testing out what I could do, a smile building on my face. I knew I looked like an idiot, but the alcohol quickly clouding my brain had no plan on letting me stop. I stumbled a bit, still quite dizzy.

Loki watched me carefully, copying my movements. He was smiling slightly too, amused by me. He chewed his lip in concentration as we moved, doing a basic dance. I wondered if he danced in Asgard. If he did, I'm sure it looked nothing like this.

The song came to an end after a while and I stopped to catch my breath.

No song came on for a bit, but the dance floor did not clear. If anything, more people arrived, crowding Loki and I together in the middle. I couldn't hear anything except the conversations around me, sound blaring in my ears from around the room.

The next song was much slower. I sighed as everyone around me began to partner up, slowly swaying together.

I felt heat rush into my face when I looked at Loki. He had a smirk on his face, but still looked quite uncertain. I looked for any way out of this situation when Loki spoke.

"Well, come on. The song is going to end!" He called to me over the music.

"The sooner the better." I said, having no intention of dancing with him.

Loki bit his bottom lip quickly before grabbing my waist and pulling me close to him. I gasped and he smirked.

"Relax, Romanoff."

"That's very difficult to do right now." I growled in return, struggling slightly against his grip.

"Just...relax." He whispered and I stopped struggling. "There we go."

I took a deep breath, letting the slow, calming music soothe me.

Loki swayed slowly to the beat and I felt myself relax a little bit more, the alcohol getting to my head and fogging my common sense. I could feel his eyes trying to meet my gaze, but I stayed focus on my breathing. Feeling dizzy and awkward.

Carefully, I placed my hand against his sternum, feeling his heart fluttering against my hand as I wrapped my other arm around his neck.

I closed my eyes and rested my head against his shoulder. As soon as my eyes closed, it was like my other senses multiplied.

I could hear the beat of his heart, slightly quicker than a normal heartbeat. Ba-bump, ba-bump, ba-bump, ba-bump, ba-bump. I could hear the gentle music in the murmurs of conversations around us.

I could feel his heart beating against my hand, and one of his own hands around my waist while the other had crept around to the small of my back, holding me to him. I could feel his abnormally cold breath blowing softly against my ear, tickling the ends of my hair, and his chin pressed against the top of my head.

I breathed in through my nose, smelling peppermint body wash and wood, reminding me of my own house, and the smell of the spare bedroom, now Loki's.

We stayed like that for a minute or so, gently swaying, relaxing against each other.

I wasn't quite sure what happened next. My brain suddenly became further clouded with alcohol, or it completely cleared. I just know something in my mind just...snapped.

Loki, the man I was holding on to so intimately, had murdered hundreds without blinking an eye. He had tortured my best friend, tried to kill me himself, and rained destruction on New York not even a month ago. And here I was in his arms like none of that ever happened. I could feel Loki's hands move to wrap tighter around me, but I sucked in a breath and sprang backwards, forcing Loki to let me go.

I ran into a dancing couple and they shot me an angry glare, but I didn't care.

"What are you playing at?" I growled to him, my voice raised. I brushed myself off vigorously, as if I was trying to wipe him away from me. Loki was staring at me, surprise and confusion in his gaze. His eyes were searched mine to try and find out what was wrong.

"Wh-?" He began but I stopped him.

"You come with me, away from the SHIELD agents, out of my house. You get me drunk and unprotected and then what? Huh? You're not drunk!" I could hear the slur in my voice as it became louder. Several people stopped dancing to stare.

Loki blinked, opening his mouth as if to say something but closing it. He looked confused, but I didn't buy it.

Suddenly be straightened up, anger and understanding flared in his eyes, the surprise washing away.

Breathing hard, I spun on my heel and pushed couples out of my way.

"Natasha, wait-!" I heard Loki yell behind me, but I didn't wait to hear more. I glanced back to see him fighting his way toward me. Loud murmurs erupted at our rudeness, but I didn't care.

My heart was pounding. He was chasing me. He was probably going to kill me and escape to finish whatever plans he had for Earth. I patted my dress for a weapon, but of course I hadn't brought one with me.

Oh god. Oh god. Oh god.

Off the dance floor, I rushed toward the door and out into the now frigid night air.

Sorry for the super late update. I've written several chapters, but editing takes me forever. Also, the video above is one of my favorite videos. I love Tom - he's such an angel!

Feel free to vote and comment if you enjoyed!