06| WHO KILLED WELLS?

[ Chapter Six ]

❝Wells deserved better than this.❞

[Murphy's Law]

>> >> >>

Clarke was sitting on the ground in front of Wells' grave, silent tears pouring down her face. Hadley had woken up to the tragic news, and her heart went out to Clarke.

Hadley moved outside the fence and sunk down on her knees beside Clarke. Clarke looked up at her friend, before she wrapped her arms around her and cried into her shirt. Hadley looked slightly confused before hugging Clarke back and allowing her to have her moment of grief.

Hadley sometimes forgot that Clarke had feelings too as she was a sort of no-nonsense type of girl who seemed to bottle her feelings up in order to get things done.

"I'm sorry." Clarke sniffled, rubbing her nose and eyes as she sat up, "I didn't mean to get anything on your shirt."

"No. No. I understand." Hadley nodded at Clarke, "Wells deserved better than this."

Clarke nodded but then both girls began to hear footsteps in the dirt as if someone was sneaking up behind them. Clarke made eye contact with Hadley before both girls pulled out knifes, and whirled around. Luckily, it was only Finn.

"You shouldn't be out here alone." Finn responded, "What if I was a grounder?"

"Leave us alone, Finn." Hadley snapped, not meaning for her words to sound so harsh but they did anyways.

"I'm just saying. They got Wells just outside the wall." Finn glared at Hadley.

"Says the guy who just spent another night exploring the woods all by himself." Clarke responded and then looked at Hadley, "Hads. Could you give us a moment? I'll find you later."

"Of course." Hadley nodded though she didn't want to leave Clarke out there with just Finn. She got up and walked over to the fence, pausing to turn around quickly before closing the gate behind her.

>> >> >>

Back on the Ark, Abby Griffin was getting some much needed sleep. Jessica was sitting beside Jackson, watching her. Raven had kicked Jessica out of her apartment because she was tired of her complaining about being bored so Jessica had come here. Jackson wasn't about to kick her out because he knew she was very smart and she wasn't going to go anywhere.

A loud alarm startled Abby awake and the three jumped up to stare at the screen as Clarke's picture and name disappeared, saying that the transmission was terminated. Clarke's wristband was off.

"No. No." Abby yelled as she made her way to the computer, "No. This isn't right. It's not conclusive. Just because her wristband went out, doesn't mean. It's the first terminated signal in a week. We can still assume that things are stabilizing on Earth."

"Maybe she just took her wristband off?" Jessica suggested and Jackson shook his head indicating that her input wasn't going to help.

Abby ignored the girl and walked out to the door, turning around to give instructions, "I need an analysis of Clarke's vital signs from the past two days. Just have it ready for me when I get back." She looked at Jessica, "Jessica. You're coming with me."