Chapter 2

"Alright, Ackerman, Springer, that's enough for today you can finish the rest tomorrow." Jäger yells across the training field to Trent and I as we run laps. I come to a steady stop as I hunch over with my hands on my knees, breathing heavily. Trent falls on the ground, in a panting mess as he takes labored breathes.

"I still can't believe you ratted me out man!" Trent whines as I reach out to help him up.

"Hey, I didn't have a choice. And I'm in trouble too, so shut up ya brat."I huff as he takes my hand and I pull him up,"You're lucky all we gotta do is run a few laps."

"A few laps!? We have to run a hundred!" he says in a giving me a crazy look.

"Get over yourself. It isn't that bad." I say rolling my eyes,"We got through 75 today."

"YOU, got through 75 I only got through 50!"

"See, you're half way there!"

"Oi, Ackerman, Springer! Get back to training with the other cadets!" Jäger tells us and we nod before heading over to the training courses.

........

The rest of our squads were already in training mode, working with the 3DMG gear and hand to hand combat skills.

"Yo, Slackers!" we both turn our heads to see a slightly short man with buzzed light brown hair and brown eyes,"Bout time you showed up!"

"Captain Springer, We had to do something with Corporal Jäger sir!" Trent tells him as he both give him a salute.

"Son, you can just call me Sir in public," He whispers to Trent, gripping his son's shoulder,"And Corporal Jr., you're sparing partner is ready for you."

"Alright, Who is it today, Springer?" I ask as I grab some gear. He looks down at a clipboard with some names and schedules and reads over them, using his finger a a guide. His eyes go wide and he looks up at me.

"U-um, actually, you can go, um to the uh-"

"Don't be ridiculous, I need to work on my hand-eye coordination. So who's my partner?" I ask again with my arms crossed.

"Well, ya see,-" he stutters, but I just take the clipboard out his hands and read it over, myself. My eyes go wide as I read the name of the page.

Stella Arlett

"Why don't ya go work with Trent and I'll rearrange you're schedule."

"No!" I say a little to quickly,"I mean it's fine. I'm practically an adult. Don't treat me like I'm a child you need to watch." I say bitterly with my eyes narrowed.

"Of course you're not," He says giving me a sympathetic look, but I give him a death glare,"I'm just trying to look out for you."

"Don't!" I growl as I push him away and walk over to were the sparing practice is held.

....

"Hey, Ackerman!" I turn my head to see a woman with long brown hair tied up in a ponytail with honey brown eyes walking over to me,"Did Connie tell you who your partner is?"

"Yes, don't coddle me bout it. Just show me where she is." I hiss and she seems slightly taken back, making me feel guilty for yelling,"I'm sorry Sasha. I didn't mean it." I huff as I roll my eyes and she smiles at me.

"Oh it's okay honey!" she says cheerfully, making me sick,"But She's right over there. And she doesn't know you two are partners so have fun!" she says quickly before walking away.

Typical.

Fucking Springer Family.

I roll my eyes again and walk over to where my partner is suppose to be. An sure enough, that's where she is.