"You have to tell someone other than me. Sam is back and he is going to finish what he started. He didn't get a chance to have his way with you then. If you don't make your move as soon as possible, he will do it now. Don't be scared. I've got you."He said.

"I don't know. I can't. Not now..." My lips quivered as tears flowed from my eyes. Joel sighed.

"Zaria..." He started but I held his hand to stop him. He watched me.

"Joel, promise me you won't tell anyone about this." I looked him in the eye, silently pleading with him. He watched me for a moment before nodding.

"If only you promise to call me at any sign of danger. Promise me." He said and I nodded. "Come here."

He stood up, pulled me up with him and gathered me in his arms for a bear hug. I snuggled closer to him, tears still running from my face. Thunder struck and rain began to fall.

"I won't let anyone hurt you, I promise." He whispered into my hair.

He pulled back slightly and touched my forehead to his, cradling my face delicately in his hands. We stayed that way for a while, saying nothing but our hearts speaking volumes. The heavy rain gave a serene feel and I couldn't help up feel a burden being lifted from my shoulder.

Soon the rain subsided and that was our cue to get going.

"Let's get you home. It's getting late." His whispered. We both got a taxi going home. He walked me to a place close to my house so that Sam won't start his problem.

As I laid my head to sleep, I let my mind wander back to everything that happened today and I silently thanked God for bringing Joel into my life.

*****

Joel's POV

"Ada isn't still talking to any of us?" Lyla asked. Zaria and I nodded in affirmation as she stole a chunk of turkey from my takeaway. I flashed her a playful glare.

We were seated in Love garden. Revisions have started which meant more free periods.

"I seriously think she should get over it. It's not like Zaria actually stole me from her." I chipped in and Lyla shrugged.

"Technically, I did." Zaria stated and Lyla shook her head in negation.

"Zaria, stop making yourself feel guilty for what you shouldn't feel guilty about. Her behaviour is petty and she really needs to get over herself." Lyla rolled her eyes and also stole a piece of shredded turkey.

"Besides, I wasn't anyone's to steal anyway. It's not like I was actually dating her." I slapped Lyla's hand away as she tried to take another piece of turkey.

"In her defense, you did take her out." Zaria said and I scowled at her.

"For one date, babe. One date. Besides. Who's fault was that?" I asked rhetorically, giving Zaria a knowing look and she chuckled.

"Hey, Guys." Charles slipped in beside Lyla. His eyes as expected, caught my turkey. "Ohhh, turkey!" He stretched his hand towards my plate to take a piece and I slapped his hand. "Haba!" He groaned, rubbing his palm.

"Y'all should hands off my turkey." I warned.

"Have y'all being able to get across to Ada. She has started ignoring me too." Charles said.

"We were just talking about her. She's still not speaking to us. I think I'm the only one affected by it." Zaria stated.

"Well, speak of the Devil." Lyla said. Ada was walking towards us alright, absentmindedly anyway. She had her face buried in her phone. She mistakenly stepped on Charles toe and quickly looked from her phone to apologize.