"This is where I raise the younger birds and eggs." She explains. "So this is where your little friend will be staying." She places the box down under a lamp which she then switches on.

With that she ushers you away from the room and back outside. Your other friends are still waiting patiently in the car, except for Luffy, who is trying his best to annoy Sanji. You and Usopp thank the woman and get back into the cars. She waves goodbye from the porch as you go back down the driveway and onto the clear road again.

-------------------------

No one is home when you return from the week long trip. You are kind of sad because you haven't talked to your mother since you left and kind of relieved as you don't have to explain why you are back out of the door within minutes of entering it.

Checking your phone you see the address Law had sent to you when you had decided to talk at his place. At first you were going to meet at the park but the nature of the conversation you are about to have is not one for a public place.

You feel paranoid as you hop onto the bus that will take you to the centre of the city, feeling as if Vergo is watching every step you take. The sky has clouded over but the Summer heat still clings to everything, making the whole city feel sweaty and gross.

You check your phone again then glance around, watching out for the sight of any of the two people you have seen involved with your father's 'business'. You finally reach the stop and you leap out of the bus, almost forgetting to tag off.

You message Law as you come across the apartment complex where he apparently lives. You wait outside, tapping your foot nervously as Law makes his way through the building to let you in. You check your phone once again for no reason in particular, not even taking in what you read off the screen.

You finally calm down when you see Law through the glass door of the apartment complex, pressing a button and opening the door so you can enter. You walk in and he leads you to the elevator, taking you to his apartment.

It's small and very clean. Beside the door is a living room with a couch and a bookshelf and after that is a kitchen. There isn't a dining room but there is a desk where Law probably eats, though it is covered in books at the moment. Straight to your left is a bathroom and beyond that is a closed door which you assume is the bedroom. You can hear a bit of whining and scratching from the other side of the door and you guess that Bepo is in there. There is a small balcony which has a few dead pot plants and a weathered chair. The apartment is humorously small for such a tall man and his large poofy dog.

"Do you want a drink or snack?" Law asks, making his way to the small kitchen. He can step right across it with little more than a single stride.

"I don't think I can stomach anything yet." You admit, thinking back to the murder you had witnessed. You step towards the desk and glance over the covers of the books. Most of them are medical textbooks but there are a few others.

"When was the last time you ate a full meal?" Law interrogates, turning his grey eyes to you. You drop your own eyes and loosely cross your arms.

"The day before yesterday." You mutter.

Law's eyes narrow as he attempts to piece together what happened to have changed you so dramatically. He reaches into the pantry and grabs an apple, washing it and giving it to you.

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away." You murmur.

"I'm not a doctor yet so I'll stay right here." He replies, a small smirk forming on his face. You almost smile but then remember why you are here in the first place.

Law notices and sits on the couch. You pull out the desk chair and sit across from him.

"So what was it that had you so desperate to know the truth?" He inquired gently, in a way you haven't heard his voice before. It is relaxing and makes you want to open up to him about everything that has happened.

"I saw my father in the town Sanji took us to." You reply. "He had some bad looking people around him, looked like he was up to no good." It's not a lie but it's definitely not the entire truth.

"I don't think that's everything." Law says, keeping his voice soft and kind but still pulling the truth out of you.

"I watched him kill someone." You say bluntly. Law's grey eyes widen slightly as you start to shake. His eyes flash with many emotions that you can't name but the rest of his face stays the same, making it impossible to tell what thoughts are rushing through your head. "The guy's brains just splattered. Dad didn't look shocked or anything, just as if he was mildly inconvenienced." Know that you've started you can't stop talking. You tell Law everything, about Vergo, about your blood, about the woman and how the people of the town just ignored everything and went on living their carefree lives. You finally finish and all that can be heard is the whine of Bepo from Law's bedroom.

You feel a tear slide down your face and you recoil in shock. You aren't sure when you started crying but it makes you feel awful. You have come over to Law's house just to get him involved in a bad situation and then cry in front of him.

"Sorry, I'm such a baby." You mutter as you wipe your eyes.

"Your entire world has been turned upside down, you have every right to cry." Law replies. The softness is still in his voice but there's something else that you can't place.

"But it makes me feel so weak." You complain, getting up to grab some tissues from the kitchen counter.

"You're not weak." Law states. "You have taken all of this better than others would have."

"That's not true."

"Others would have just put their hands over their ears but you actively searched for the truth." Law is now standing behind you, resting a comforting hand on your shoulder. "The fact that you have taken all of this in your stride is what makes you so strong."

You turn on your heel and bury your face into his chest, wrapping your arms around him. You can feel him tense up in surprise but he quickly relaxes and returns the hug. The two of you stay like that for a while with only the only noise being Bepo's whining and scratching.

"I should really teach that dog some manners." Law rumbles softly. Your ear presses against his chest and you can feel him speaking, as well as the constant heart beat. You laugh softly at him but don't let go.