Chapter 1: Right Where I Want to Be

Start from the beginning

"Your daddy's a big ol' dummy." She joked to Ivan before lifting him from my arms.

"That is so mean." I said dramatically and placed my hand over my heart. She laughed before blowing a kiss in my direction.

"Come on we have a pizza to get to." She mocked my words from earlier and did a light skip out of the room. I chuckled before grabbing the baby bag and following her out, getting to the car and driving towards the closest pizza spot.

"Awww look!" Demi said as she was looking towards the backseat. I turned and looked to see Ivan sleeping with his stuffed monkey held in his hands tightly. I smiled at him as Demi took a picture with her phone. I turned back to the road where the red light had finally turned green and continued our drive.

"People are going crazy over him." Demi lightly laughed as she stared down at her phone.

"You posted it?" I asked, turning into the parking lot.

"Yeah why?"

"Nothing. I just thought we agreed we wouldn't put him the spotlight so early that's all." I said with a shrug.

"You can barely see his face and people have been dying to see a picture of him for four months already." She defended.

"It's fine. I was actually thinking about contacting People Magazine back. They want to have an interveiw and photoshoot with us soon."

"That sounds nice but do you think it'll be good for Ivan?" She asked worriedly.

"I don't know. I was hoping you'd know the answer to that." I replied as we stepped out the car and I went to get Ivan.

"I guess we can try it. And if it gets too much we can always back out right?" She questioned more than stated.

"Okay. I'll have management call that guy back then." She nodded in acknowledgement as we walked into the pizza parlor and made our way to a table. By now the movement had woken Ivan and his eyes wondered the room curiously.

"Hey munchkin." I smiled down at him as he looked over at me with a small smile.

"What are you so curious about?" I asked even though I knew he wouldn't answer back. His smile just stayed permantly on his face causing a smile to form on my lips. I held his hand in mine, lightly rubbing the back of his hand with my thumb.

"And you were worried about becoming a father." Demi lightly laughed from across the table and I chuckled before turning my attention to her.

"Says you." I chuckled.

"To be honest I still am worried and I am a parent." She laughed and lightly shook her head.

"So do I. But we're doing good so far right?" I questioned and smiled as she nodded her head in agreement.

"Well in my opinion you're doing a better job than me so far." She commented and I shook my head.

"Am I? And how am I doing at being the best fiancé ever?" I asked jokingly.

"I say you've won that title a long time ago." She played along and slightly leaned over the table. I leaned over as well, making it so our faces were a mere inch away.

"Great. Because I love being a winner." I lightly smiled and placed my lips to hers. She smiled into the kiss and lightly bit my bottom lip as I allowed her entrance.

"Excuse me." You've got to be kidding me. I pulled away from Demi's perfect lips and looked over at where the small voice had come from.

"Hi I'm Kali. Can I please get a picture? I'm a really big fan."