11 | the mad titan

chapter xi of the death season  :

" GET YOUR SCRAWNY BUTT OVER THERE . "

╓─────────────────────╖

" Fine . I ' ll do it myself . "

╙─────────────────────╜

january 11, 2018

titan

A MAD TITAN SUDDENLY APPEARS from a ripple of black that tears through the orange sky. His dark eyes slowly skate across the desolate landscape that stretches out in every direction around him, searching, searching, always searching for them. Thunder and lightning cracks through the desolate planet before his eyes. The titan's wandering gaze finally comes to a sharp stop when it finds that a confident man with a maroon cloak sits comfortably across from him.

"Oh yeah." Stephen slowly hums out, studying the titan, "You're much more of a Thanos."

Thanos slowly walks closer to him, his deep voice speaking up to ask, "Where is the girl? I can sense her presence enough to know she cowers nearby."

"I'm not cowering." Lisa's voice suddenly carries across the destroyed planet.

The brunette slowly steps up the platform to be by Stephen's side and Thanos gives a small pleased smile at the sight.

"I was just dreading seeing your ugly mug for the first time in real life." With a small smirk, her flickering eyes slowly trail up the great height of the titan, "After all this time... finally, Thanos."

"Ahh, it speaks... and knows of me by name." Thanos smirks and cocks his head to the side, "Should I be flattered?"

Lisa flashes a white-toothed grin that looks eerily similar to her father's before it completely drops into a blank and cold silence.

"I take it that the Maw is dead... This day extracts a heavy toll. Still, they accomplished their mission." Thanos' eyes find Lisa once more and then they stay there, lingering on her long enough for the message to get across.

With glowing hands clenching into fists, Lisa pales just a little at the truth. It takes Stephen just the same amount of time to realize what Thanos is saying and he glances sharply at the girl, finally understanding her desperate need to get to Titan.

"She neglected to tell you, then?" Thanos paces around slightly, gazing after them as if solemn, "That was her mission that I sent her on, along with the other children of Thanos. To retrieve the Infinity Stones and those attached to their power. Still, two is better than none."

"No... Wait, wait-," Lisa whispers, her confused eyes slowly widening in horror as her voice echoes across the dusty planet, "Just wait-I, no, no! I-I didn't do it for you!"

"You've done all of it for me." Thanos tells her in his deep and soothing voice that sends shivers up her spine, "It's all all right now, my child. There's no more need to play games."

Lisa's eyes fill with tears and she looks over at Stephen with a gaping mouth, "Strange, listen, please, I-I didn't mean-,"

Stephen silences her with a sharp and lingering look.