10 | the battle begins

Start from the beginning

"I'm okay! I'm okay!" Bruce cries out reassurance, barely able to catch a break as the Hulkbuster struggles back up and pushes a clump of dirt and grass from its face.

"I got two heat signatures coming out for the treeline." Rhodey's voice suddenly calls out over the comms.

Far ahead, in the burning and smokey treeline, Proxima Midnight and Cull Obsidian moves towards the edge of the Wakandan dome with smirks on their vicious faces. The large and intricate Wakandan ships sharply pull to the side where the rest of the troops, await allowing a certain redheaded teenager to jump and then swiftly slide down the metal edge. Svet's boots land in the tall grass with a soft thud and her lips purse at the sight of the aliens waiting on the other side of the energy barrier.

Right, now, they want to talk.

Svet slowly sets into a stride after Bucky and Natasha, easily sliding in between them as they come to a stop at the frontlines beside Steve and T'Challa.

"Having fun yet?" Bucky quietly asks, giving the shorter redhead a half-hearted smirk.

"I'm having fun." Svet smirks before glancing over at Natasha, "Are you having fun?"

The blonde breaks her stoic expression to smartly reply with, "Had worse."

Bucky and Svet pause before nodding in agreement.

"Bayeza!" A loud and proud voice suddenly belts out as another army from the mountains - the Jabari - walks up beside the coming king, captain, and the other fighters, "Bayeza!"

T'Challa gives a respectful nod and shakes the other big man's hand, "Thank you for standing with us."

"Of course, brother

"Of course, brother." M'Baku smiles and nods, speaking in his native tongue, "I wish my sister were here to fight by our sides."

"As do I." T'Challa responds of his wife, his heart clenching, before he turns to look at the two alien figures coming into view across the field.

FOUR STAND AGAINST TWO in the midst of a battlefield a long time coming: aliens against human with a tall Wakandan barrier being the only thing separating them.

The world has changed and no one can go back. All they can do, is keep moving forward. And that is exactly what they have done in the two years that have passed since they went on the run. The years have been hard, but the ex-Avengers stayed together and they still stay together as the war that will change absolutely everything approaches.

The nearly seventeen year old girl with sky blue eyes and with cut red hair stands between her mother and her uncle as the Wakandan king stands at their other side.

A silence weighs over them, stretching from one side of the fight to the other, creating a thick tension between the heroes and the villains.

Natasha is the first one to speak with a mock in her voice and a smirk on her lips, "Where's your other friend?"