Part 1

"Akira!" Leandro called over the comms. He fired behind him at the sentries chasing him. "Any day now would be great!"

Leandro turned a corner when Akira's bike skidded to a stop in front of him. "Took you long enough," Akira smiled.

Leandro pulled off his goggles,"That's my line," He laughed, hopping on the bike. 

"You got it, right?" Akira called, getting ready to take off. The sentries weren't far behind. 

"Yeah, easy peasy," Leandro said, wrapping his arm around Akira's waist. They sped off down the side streets towards the camp. 

Back at camp, a familiar red head came running up. "Akira! Leandro!" They stopped in the street as Leandro and Akira stopped the bike. "Did you get it?"

"You know it!" Leandro said, jumping off the bike. He pulled off the bag on his back, handing it to Pana. "This much medicine will be okay, right?"

"Of course," Pana said, looking into the bag. " You got a lot more than we expected."

"They don't call me the Shadow for nothing," Leandro smirked, pulling his goggles up out of his face.

"Uh, no one calls you that," Pana squinted. 

"You know, cause I'm so stealthy," Leandro said. 

"Anyways, I'll get these to Dante, "Pana ignored him, rushing back into the camp. 

"Come on Shadow, lets get the bike under cover before the sentries start their patrol again," Akira joked.

"Ha ha," Leandro said, helping him roll the bike under the tarp. 

"Want to get something to eat?" Leandro asked, fastening the curtain to the entrance. 

"I want to see Dante first, you can go without me," Akira said. 

"Sure," Leandro said, linking his arm around Akira's waist, "I'll grab some of your favorite for you."

"Thanks," Akira smiled, kissing him on the cheek before walking to the medical hangar. 

Akira walked down the hall, nodding to the occasional passerby. Their rebellion was pretty small, but they were able to keep hidden from Zergon's Empire. Many years ago, other alien civilizations came together with earth to form a galactic treaty. That united the planets under a peace treaty. Then suddenly, the planets found themselves under attack by a powerful alien empire from many galaxies away. The planets bound together to fight them off but lost. After that, the earth became a resource for the Empire. They gathered all the people who didn't agree with them and forced them to mine for resources. In time, there will be no more resources for them to take, and earth will die. 

The rebellion has vowed to put a stop to it.

"Hey Dante," Akira called, leaning against the makeshift hospital walls. Dante was the head doctor for the rebellion. "How're they doing?"

"Oh, Akira," Dante looked up from a shelf of supplies. "Nice work out there, thanks to you and Leandro, everyone is okay."

"That's good," Akira said," Who knew the Empire would abandon their workers in a contaminated mine." 

"Yeah," Dante muttered, pushing up his," I'm glad we got to them in time though. " 

 Dante looked over to the 12 patients sleeping in the room. "So... Any sign of him?"

Akira's breath hitched for a second. He looked down,"No. There were no signs of Hachi where we were. "

"I see," Dante said, sitting down on a stool nearby. 

"We just have to keep trying," Akira said, trying to be hopeful. "He's out there."

"We just have to find him."