Father Ted

Title: Father Ted

Genre: Sitcom

Years on air: 1995-1998 (3 series)

Main Concept: Set on the fictional Craggy Island, off of Ireland's west coast, the show follows the adventures of Father Ted Crilly and his fellows priests, Fathers Dougal McGuire and Jack Hackett, who were all exiled to Craggy Island over various past incidents.

Starring: Dermot Morgan as Father Ted Crilly

                    Ardal O'Hanlon as Father Dougal McGuire

                    Frank Kelly as Father Jack Hackett

                    Pauline McLynn as Mrs. Doyle

 This show remains one of the most popular shows in Irish TV history, and I can see why.

 Father Ted follows the adventures of Father Ted Crilly and his fellow priests, Father Dougal McGuire and Father Jack Hackett. They were all exiled to Craggy Island for various reasons; Father Ted stole money, Father Jack was an alcoholic and a womanizer, and Father Dougal was exiled over the 'black rock incident', which was never specified on the show. They lived in Craggy Island's parochial house with the housekeeper, Mrs. Doyle, who seemed to have an obsession with tea.

 The show also had great recurring characters in Bishop Brennan (who exiled the priests to Craggy Island), John and Mary, Father Larry Duff, and the priests from Rugged Island (including Ted's archenemy, Father Dick Byrne).