nine

The next week was filled with Layla hanging around Leslie and the cobras and Gordie ignoring Layla in hopes to make her feel guilty for her actions. In his eyes, she was betraying him in the worst way possible. In her eyes, she just wanted to have friends around her age. She felt no guilt this time. Layla decided that Gordie would eventually be okay with it. The cobras had been easing off on him and his friends since they started hanging with Layla, and she figured that he wouldn't be as angry as time went on.

Eyeball's father happened to be out of town again this week, and he decided to invite Layla over. He drove to her house and begged her to come with him. After about the fourth time he said the word 'please', she nodded and got into his car. Layla always seemed to make him beg, and frankly she enjoyed it. Eyeball was never one to act vulnerable. Especially when his friends were around. The idea of him being needy for a girl made him feel almost feeble. But, as long as they were alone, it was okay.

The two were standing in Eyeball's kitchen with nothing to do. He was heating up something that had been left out for god knows how long. He offered to make something for Layla, but she politely declined. She had already eaten lunch and couldn't be bothered. Besides, the Chambers residence didn't have many food options.

"Layla, pass me that fork from behind you." Eyeball muttered, his eyes still on the microwave oven. She about to pass to him but then an idea popped into her head. After a few seconds, Eyeball looked at her to see if she was going to give it to him.

"Well? What're you waiting for? Give it." He tried to grab the fork out of her hands but she quickly stepped backwards, smirked, and ran as fast as she could.

He began to chase her, laughing out. "Don't do this right now! I'm fucking starving!"

"You're gonna have to catch me!" She giggled. She ran into a random room, but before she could shut the door, Eyeball pushed it open. Layla ran to the side of the wall and as Eyeball walked over slowly. He held her against the wall, staring intently at the shorter girl.

"Didn't your folks ever tell you it's not okay to take what's not yours?"

"My folks aren't around much." She pokes her tongue out.

"Neither is my pops," He smirked. "Guess we're more alike than you thought, huh?"

The girl smiled and then looked down at his lips. He took advantage of this, moving his hands to her sides as if to hold her in place, and slowly kissed her. The kiss had lasted about six seconds until Layla pulled away to breathe.

"Was that okay?" Eyeball asked.

"Absolutely." Layla replied. Her answer shocked both of them. Never in a million years did Layla expect to like that, and never in a million years did Eyeball expect to do it without getting slapped.

Eyeball grinned from ear to ear and then dragged her over to the bed. He kissed her harder this time, running his hands up and down her hips.

His room was white with wooden floors that creaked anytime someone moved. There were photos of his gang taped on the walls. Layla noticed a framed photo of Eyeball, Chris and who appeared to be his mother that he had on his dresser. The three were smiling and holding each other close. Eyeball genuinely looked happy. If she wasn't sucking his face at the moment, she would've been tearing up. Eyeball hadn't officially told her what happened with his parents, but she got the gist. She kissed him with as much passion as she could, cupping the side of his cheek with her right hand and gripping the back of his neck with the other. She smiled into the kiss. Layla hadn't kissed anyone like that, and in that moment, she never wanted to kiss anyone else again.

Eyeball pulled away, smiling at her. He began to lift up her dress when she pulled it back down. "No, not now."

Eyeball pouted. "Well, when?"

"When I want to." She obviously wasn't ready for all of that. Layla was a virgin and wanted her first time to be with someone she could trust.

"Fine. I'm going to go eat."

"Are you kidding? You're just gonna try and make me feel guilty for not wanting to fuck you?"

He rolled his eyes, "You're the one who said it was okay."

"Yeah, to kiss me!"

"I'm not the kind of guy who waits for a girl." Eyeball replied. "If you don't want it, then you can go."

Eyeball didn't mean any of it. He knew he completely fucked up.

"To think I liked you." She mumbled.

Eyeball looked up at her, laughing coldly. "I don't date, you know that's not me. And yet, you go and get these feelings. You act like you could never like anyone, yet here you are, liking the one guy who will never like you back."

"I can see right through you, asshole. You say you don't want a relationship, yet you made multiple efforts to spend time with me. You've even begged me to hang out with you. You like me too. You just don't want to admit it." Layla yelled back. She was beyond angry. He had hurt her the way she'd never wanted to be hurt. She almost felt like she was unworthy of being liked.

Eyeball had no idea what to say. It was all true, but there was zero percent chance of him admitting it. So, he said what he knew would crush her.

"Get the fuck out."

Layla paused, hoping that his expression would soften and he would apologize. When it didn't, she grabbed her things and ran out. Luckily, Leslie's house was just down the road.