He squeezes his eyes shut and wails, loudly. His tears cause his whole body to shake violently making him feel as if the world is crumbling beneath him. He couldn't do it, he couldn't save them, he broke, and his quirk isn't as unbreakable as he thought it was. Bakugou gathers Kirishima up in his strong arms and runs his hands up and down Kirishima's back in large lethargic strokes. For comfort Kirishima shoves his face into Bakugou's chest and causes large damp circles to appear on Bakugou's shirt. He cries loud ugly cries as Bakugou holds him close and after they stay like this for a few minutes Kirishima musters up the courage to look up again.

"I- I broke." He says and the silence falls on top of them like a bus. Bakugou is avoiding Kirishima's gaze.

"Katsuki..." he pleads. When Bakugou finally turns his head Kirishima notices that Bakugou's eyes are weirdly shiny and glossy. Bakugou shakes his head lightly and reaches out to take hold of Kirishima's chin.

"Don't you ever say those things about yourself ever again you hear me?" he asks, a mix of desperation and anger in his voice. And then the tears start to fall down his beautiful face.

"You hear me?" he repeats his voice filled with thick desperation. It breaks Kirishima apart. All he can do is nod and cry along with Bakugou.

••••••••••••

After they exchange tears and Kirishima tells Bakugou about what happened the try to enjoy each other's company as much as they can. It's been a month and a half since Kirishima and Bakugou's first date. Unfortunately the two were unable to hang out that much, since after the provisional licence exam Kirishima took up an internship. The same internship that caused him to end up in a hospital bed. Bakugou talks to him about how terrified he was and how he blames himself for letting Kirishima go ahead with the whole internship and how much he missed being able to hang out with him and Kirishima listens. It really is one of the most heartfelt and genuine things Bakugou has ever talked to him about. The two silently agree with each other then and there that everything that happened in that hospital room stays in that room. Once things have fully calmed down and the tears are long gone Bakugou stays sitting on Kirishima's bed and silently looks into his eyes as he filters his fingers through Kirishima's hair. They are caught like this when the nurse walks in. When she sees them she smiles.

"Looks like Eijirou is finally awake. How are you feeling hon?" she asks as she places down a tray of hospital food on the table in the corner and Kirishima almost gags at the smell before he answers.

"Yeah I feel pretty good except my side stings a little." She nods and goes over to the other side of the bed to examine him.

"Alright I should bring the doctor to do a quick check up on you and then we can invite that group of kids that are waiting in the waiting room for you." Kirishima watches her somewhat confused but complies anyway. Reluctantly Bakugou gets up to leave but before he does he places a light kiss on Kirishima's forehead and Kirishima is rather taken aback by the romantic gesture in public. Once the doctor has come in and conducted his check up the nurse sticks to her word and soon a swarm of students swarm into the hospital room. When Kirishima finally realises who they are he feels himself combust with happiness. Deku, Todoroki, Mina, Sero, Denki, Sero, Tsuyu, Jirou and Ochaco all walk in with relieved and happy smiles plastered on their faces. They all surround the bed and soon the room fills with laughter and happiness a stark contrast to what Kirishima and Bakugou just experienced. At least he is has all these friends who care and support him and who can distract him from his thoughts for a while. Speaking of Bakugou the boy stands slightly off the side away from the group and watches them intensely his arms crossed in front of his chest. Kirishima longs for him to be here beside him, to be included in the group but he knows that won't happen. So instead he focuses on chatting to his friends and enjoying their company. Mina sits beside him and her arms never leave his waist, Denki haphazardly wipes a few tears from his eyes while Jirou holds onto his hand tightly. Deku holds a meat platter in his hands and Todoroki stands close beside him the smallest remnants of a smile on his lips. Ochaco floats around the room making funny poses to make him laugh and Tsuyu stands on his other side and decorates his IV drip stand with kitten stickers. Sero tries to speak with Bakugou who bluntly ignores him.