Chapter Three Kefira

Kefira

I pushed myself up, looking at Marie but I could only make out the rough outline of her. Fornax and True were invisible, they were too far to see. What the hell? There were gasp all around me, my head flash from side to side.

A laugh came from Fornax, "They had to turn the lights off to float." I looked forward towards the stage where a man and a woman were floating over the crowd. They both glowed a soft blue, the woman had grey hair that was neatly placed in a bun she wore a purple pantsuit, while the man was wearing a white suit, he was clean shaven with a smile on his face.

"Welcome!" The woman said, she had a southern accent, she certainly wasn't from Ohio. Her voice was like from those old movies that my grandma would be watching at her house. I relaxed back in my chair, crossing my legs and arms.

The man opened his arms, a warm smile on his face. "As most of you may know, I'm Headmaster Phillip and this is my wife, Headmistress Marina." Headmaster Phillip gave them a smile. "You all know about how special this school is. We were the first ever integrated Witch/Human school." The crowd around me clapped, I slowly began to clap too.

Headmistress Marina nodded, she was smiling hard. "We were first a school for Witches and Wizards but a hundred years ago, we allowed Humans to come here." Everyone clapped again. I began to play with the ends of my ponytail. "For the next five years here at our wonderful school, Witches will learn to control their magic, while Humans get one of the best educations that they can get here."

"We have students from every state, we also have students from nearly twenty different countries." Are we supposed to clap again? I smiled at my own thoughts, earning a look from Marie, I couldn't see her looking at me, but I knew that she was.

"We're going to have a great time watching you all this year." The lights of the theater began to light up again. "We've already given your schedules in your designated lockers." The lights made my eyes ache, "Good luck this year." When the lights were completely on, the two principals were gone.

A man came out onto the stage, "Students, stay in your seats, you're about to be broken up into groups."

I laid my head on Marie shoulder, frowning, Marie patted my head. "I want to go home."

"Then we would have to unpack."

"Ew." True and Fornax looked at us.

"Where are you guys staying?" Fornax asked. I let out a giggle to myself, Marie pushed me off her shoulder.

"We stay over a bookstore." Fornax nodded. "You guys staying in the dorm?"

"I am," True answered. "I'm rooming with Lev Milkovich." Marie looked at me. Lev's crazy ass. "You guys know him." We nodded.

Fornax laughed. "Which bookstore do you live over?"

"Best Book." Marie answered. Fornax nodded. "You know Jona Fleming?" Fornax and True nodded. "His parents own that bookstore." A man came, his arms out as he counted to people in the rows. I paused, he was wearing a hat with the school motto on it, his long red hair stuck out from under it.

"These two rows are going with me so stay here." He walked away to organize the other two groups on our side. "Aye! Sit down!"

"That's Mr. Uriel isn't it?" True asked Fornax, the other boy slumped, nodding. True turned and looked at me, he gave me a devious smile. The hell are you thinking? "That's the Pyromancy teacher, all Fornax's brothers had him. He hates all of them."