11.) breaking and entering

Start from the beginning

   "I think we just saw a ghost, but at the same time, do you remember when we went to Senpai's farm?" Funneh asked.

   "Yeah and while Senpai was doing farm work, Valerie was sitting and enjoying her picnic..." Gold said.

   "A-Are we seeing things? Have we gone crazy?" Funneh asked, looking at the set and then back at us.

   "I remember this exact scene at the farm! It's like déjà vu! You remember it too, right?" Gold asked.

    "Of course! Everyone was working and she was relaxing here, eating cookies and drinking boba tea! But... is this a sign? She pointed to it before she vanished," Funneh inquired.

    "Take it and read it!" Gold said. Funneh bent down and looked at the only words written in the center of the page.

"She came in the night."

    "What? Is she trying to tell us something?" Funneh asked. I was still staying silent.

   Gold started to ramble but Funneh inquired, "But, is she trying to tell us something? Is she trying to say that... her murderer... was a she?"

    "I think so," Gold said. "Wait, think about it. If we tell Evelyn that right now, there's no way she would believe us. Like, at all! Evelyn's all about evolution and science, those types of things," Funneh said.

   "And proof too. She wouldn't believe in this kind of stuff. She'd think we're crazy," Gold said.

    "Kyran, what do you think? We all saw it, we aren't crazy! Like, this is real stuff, Gold! Look!" Funneh exclaimed, kicking the corner blanket up.

    "Maybe we shouldn't tell Evelyn about this yet. She's been acting really crazy lately and I don't want her to go insane over a ghost sighting," I sighed.

    "Yeah, that's a good point. Let's just leave this stuff here and... go on." Funneh bit her lip. We headed back over to the motorbikes.

    "We haven't gone crazy. Maybe Valerie is trying to tell us something. And if we were to tell Meghan, she would totally believe us! She was Valerie's friend and is into ghost stuff," She suggested.

    "Yeah," Gold agreed. "She would totally be like, 'Oh yeah, you guys are definitely normal!' I think that's what she sounds like," Funneh impersonated Meghan with a high-pitched voice, followed suite by a laugh.

   "Alright, let's go," Funneh giggled as we climbed onto our motorbikes and started to drive off.

PRESENT TIME....

    I mean, I'd have all of summer to go back and see my family, right? They've got each other and I'm sure that one kid not back for a little bit wouldn't be such a burden, right?

    I strolled down the sidewalk, continuing to read my manga again. I hadn't gotten far in it; I was only a few pages in considering I had just gotten it.

   I was already having the rest of the furniture sent off to back to my home. We were all required to have everything out and gone by the end of this week.

I yawned and closed my manga. I had spent a good while packing up and Lucas was somewhat of help, but other than that, he was useless. He spent most of the day with his friends until he came home and helped once I yelled at him.

'Course, as much of a man I am, I struggled to actually carry some of the heavier stuff. Lucas made fun of me for it, but we'll see who's laughing when he needs twenty dollars after losing a bet.