One.

First chapter. Hope you guys like it! :D

*Unedited

_______________________________________

Her.:

One.

“I really hate working for the pussy.”

I threw back my head and laughed, clutching my stomach as I watched Charlotte Evans grumbling into my dorm with sour expression. She heavily plopped herself onto my roommate/friend’s bed and groaned. Charlotte was the first friend I had met in Washington State apart from my roommate. We had World Literature together and the way we met was seeing each other wearing the same Misfits shirt. Our friendship developed quicker than an actual quickie. We had the same interests varying from music to girls and I was comfortable around her. 

That same feeling I had shared before with someone back in high school before we went our separate ways. It were memories I didn’t like remembering much when that friendship ended badly. 

“What happened this time?” I asked her, taking a red vine from the five pound bucket my roommate oh so lovingly bought me as a payment for buying her the gigantic banner from Attack on Titan that she put over her headboard and turned on my laptop. 

Charlotte quickly sat up and rested her back on the wall as we both faced each other, her golden green eyes meeting mine. “She’s stubborn. Way stubborn. She wanted me to waste more of my time on dates. Pfft, all I want is a one-night stand. How hard is it for her to understand that?”

“Was she cute?” 

“Eh, she was alright,” she shrugged, running her fingers through her dark curls. “I swear man, I’m just gonna make flyers saying ‘College is for experimenting. Let’s experiment together: Girls Only’ and then I won’t be moody that much.”

“Ha!” I chewed on my red vine, smirking as Charlotte flipped me off.

“I wouldn’t be a sourpuss if you came hunting with me.”

“You know, these girls would still be here when we come back. Plus, isn’t summer our little game on how many girls we can sleep with him.”

Now it was Charlotte’s turn to laugh obnoxiously. “Like you’ll play when your sole purpose is to pursue a girl who chases dicks. Anyway, this is your first summer going back to Cali. Don’t say it like we‘ve been playing each summer.”

“Shut up,” I grumbled, throwing a red vine at her which she caught smoothly and bit it, grinning. 

“I also saw Frank. He told me to drag you to his little get-together he’s throwing in his apartment away from your laptop. There’s free food - knowing damn well you’ll say yes to - and girls along with alcohol.”

“Um…” I looked down at my laptop, seeing a few Skype notifications. 

My heart was pounding in my chest and nerves begin to stir as I begin to think (and hope) that it might be her. Before I could go onto Skype, my laptop was shut closed and Charlotte was in front of me, staring hard into my eyes. She shook her head with pity, knowing the false hope I have been clutching onto for these past years. I was far too deep with this crush I’ve been having on the same girl who never knew. 

“Just for one night, stop letting her reel you in,” she whispered, grabbing my laptop and placing it onto my nightstand. 

I frowned, not liking the way Charlotte sympathizes me over this. “Okay. But no Jello Shots. I hate those.”