Chapter Twelve- New Villain

Start from the beginning

"No, what, I mean—" Peter stammers, his previous acting skills all but lost. He sighs, then mumbles, "I'm not going to get out of this, am I?"

"Doesn't look like it," you answer, shooting a glare at your mom. She just chuckles to herself in response. "Come on, Peter, we're going to my room." Before he can even answer, you grab his arm and drag him down the hallway into your bedroom.

You shut the door behind you and then go flop face-down onto your bed. "I hate my parents sometimes."

Peter sits on the bed next to you, placing a comforting hand on your back and moving it around in soothing circles. "I get it, (Y/N). May is very snoopy too." He laughs to himself, then adds, "I remember one time when she burst into my room without knocking just after I had taken off my suit. I wasn't even wearing any clothes. Very awkward."

You can't stop yourself from blurting out, "Wish I could have seen you like that," before it's too late, but you clamp your mouth shut and just pray that Peter didn't hear you.

"I mean, that could be arranged, if you ever wanted to..." you can't see Peter's face, but based on the nervousness in his voice, you can only imagine that his cheeks are as flushed as yours feel.

"A-Anyways," you mumble, feeling like it would be best to change the topic. "Should we go visit the tower? We can ask more about what happened with the hacking."

"I think that would be best. I brought my suit with me so we can take those." You turn your head away from your pillow and see Peter pull his shirt down a bit, revealing the red and blue spider suit.

"Alright, just give me a minute to get changed." You lift yourself off the bed and head to your closet, where the vibranium briefcase is safely stored up at the top. Pulling it down, you let the facial scanner do its work and the case pops open, revealing the Dragonfly suit.

You pull it out and turn to see Peter standing in the corner awkwardly. "S-Should I turn around? Or leave?"

"It's up to you," you respond. "I think I'm comfortable with, um..." Instead of finishing your sentence, you simply gesture to yourself. Peter swallows, nods, but then seems to have a bit of a mental breakdown as he quickly says, "Yeah, nope, I'm just going to, um, face the wall, if that's okay."

"R-Right, yeah, of course." Peter quickly turns and faces the wall, giving you an opportunity to pull your clothes off and shove the Dragonfly suit on. You clear your throat and let Peter know that he can turn around again, and when he does, his eyes widen and his breath hitches for a moment.

"You look amazing," he breathes. You cross your arms over your chest, suddenly a bit self-conscious. Peter seems to realize this and quickly says, "Sorry, just... you're beautiful."

"T-Thanks... but we shouldn't dwell. Let's get going." Peter nods, strips his clothes off until it's just his suit, and then shoves his mask on over his head. You grab yours and put it on too, then stick your head out the window to make sure the coast is clear. You don't see anybody looking up at your apartment building, so you climb through the window and leap off your balcony.

You let yourself fall for a few stories before your wings catch you. Feeling the adrenaline as you tumbled towards the street was just too good an opportunity to pass up. You look up above you, seeing Peter crouched on the railing of your balcony. He nods at you and then jumps off, shooting a web at a nearby building so he can swing safely. You smile to yourself and follow him.

Flying through the city is an amazingly different experience than just flying around the Avenger's tower. You can look all around you and see the cars and the people below you, and feel the wind hitting your face through your mask, and experience the life of New York City in a way you had never seen before.

It only takes five minutes to reach the Avengers Tower, making you realize just how fast air travel really is. You and Peter both land on the roof, you with a slight "Oof" as you aren't used to the rough landing.

"Isn't it amazing?" Peter asks, looking down at you as he stands up and reaches out a hand to help you up as well. "Doing my rounds around the city is always my favourite part of the day."

"It really is incredible," you agree. The two of you head out to the edge of the building and gaze out at the city together. From where you are, you can see pretty much everything. You both just stand there for a few minutes, hand-in-hand, cherishing the view and each other's presence, until someone clears their throat from behind you.

The sudden sound startles you so much that you stumble and fall off the building completely. Luckily, your wings catch you and you simply flutter back up and plop yourself down on the roof. You shoot a glare at the person who scared you. It was Tony, because who else would it be?

"Excuse me, you almost killed me."

"Not my problem." Tony looks between the two of you, shaking his head slightly. "I saw you guys show up but you didn't come down, so I figured I'd go up to see what was taking you so long."

"Sorry Mr. Stark, we're coming now." Peter looks back at you and holds out a hand, so you take it and follow Tony back to the elevator.

He pushes the button for the lounge floor and the three of you descend in silence until the elevator doors ding open and you all head out into the room. You can see the rest of the Avengers seated on and around the giant L-shaped couch, just watching The Office instead of playing video games this time. You and Peter both pull off your masks and head further into the room.

"Ah, hello, Mr. Parker. Miss (L/N)," says Vision. Unlike the rest of them, he's standing over in the kitchen, pouring himself a glass of water (can he even drink water? You decide not to think about it).

"Hey, Vision. What's the deal with the hacking?"

"Someone broke into the Avengers system last night," says Bruce from the other side of the room. "They didn't alter anything, but according to Tony, they did copy over some blueprints."

"What kind of blueprints?"

"The blueprints for most of our suits," answers Tony. "We're guessing that whoever stole them wants to make a suit of their own."

"Well, that means someone else we're going to have to kick the ass of," Natasha grumbles. "Should we really just be lounging around here? We haven't exactly been keeping up to date on training, I think we should go prepare ourselves."

"I agree with Natasha." You suddenly turn a bit shy when all of the Avengers turn to look at you, but you continue anyway. "For all we know, we could be attacked within the hour, and I haven't even had this suit for a day. Shouldn't I be doing something more productive than watching TV with the world's greatest superheroes?"

"She's right," Sam says. "Come on, guys, we need to get prepared."

Everyone agrees, one by one, until you're all standing around the couch in a large circle.

"Let's do this," Steve says. Everyone reaches out, places a hand in the middle of the circle, and nods.

"Three, two, one, Avengers!"