Chapter Twelve- New Villain

You finally manage to fall asleep around 4:00, but then wake up again at 7:30 because you forgot to turn your alarm off. Since you're already awake, you get out of bed and head to the kitchen to get yourself some breakfast. Then you turn on the TV just to see what's on and to try and find something to entertain you while you eat.

The first channel is something about politics (ugh) but the second channel you flip to is a lot more interesting. The person on screen is Steve Rogers.

"The Avengers got hacked last night. The person doing it was obviously someone extremely experienced in that field because Tony Stark himself designed our defence system. We've already found the problem and updated our defences, and nothing was affected. No need to panic, and we will have this resolved very shortly."

I should probably check that out later. You think to yourself. Before you can wonder any more, a knock on your door cuts off your thoughts. You haul yourself off the couch and go to answer it.

When the door swings open, you're greeted by your one and only boyfriend. He's holding a bouquet of brightly coloured flowers in one hand and a cup of iced coffee in the other.

"I brought these, I hope you like them," he says, holding out both of his hands to you.

"Oh my gosh, Peter, those are beautiful! But you really didn't have to, this feels like too much." Peter's face softens.

"Nothing is too much for you, hun."

You have to restrain yourself from squeaking at the small nickname, but you ignore it as you invite Peter in and run to fetch a vase for your flowers.

"When did you get up?" asks Peter as he makes himself at home on your couch. "You usually aren't up this early, I was hoping I could come in and surprise you in bed with coffee or something."

"Actually, I only woke up ten minutes ago. I forgot to turn off my alarm," you grumble. "And you did surprise me, I didn't expect to see you out of the hospital."

"They let me go this morning. Accelerated healing and Mr. Stark's technology was no match for any injury."

"I'm really happy you're feeling better." You give him a soft smile, but then, remembering what happened before Peter got there, you add, "Did you see the news? About the Avengers getting hacked?"

"I didn't see the news, but Mr. Stark called and told me. I wonder how they managed to do it, I thought the Avengers' security was airtight." Peter continues to mumble to himself for a bit, and you shake your head, smiling a bit to yourself as you take a sip of your coffee.

"Hey, kiddos. Didn't expect to see you here this early, Peter. They let you out of the hospital?" You look back to notice your mom leaning against the kitchen wall, having entered at some point without you noticing.

"Yep, just got released this morning. Made a quick recovery so they didn't mind letting me go," Peter answers, giving a polite smile.

"Glad to hear you're doing alright. All of us were worried about you." Your mom grins a bit to herself, then adds, "It was nice talking to you last night, by the way. I hope you enjoyed the food."

"What are you talking about, Mrs. (L/N)? I was at the hospital last night." For somebody with literally zero chill, you can't help but find yourself impressed with how good of an actor Peter can be. 

"Peter, you don't have to play dumb with me." Your mom laughs. "I mean, I didn't really know until I actually talked to you, but come on, I've known you since you were a toddler. I'd recognize you anywhere. Don't worry though, (Dad's Name) hasn't clued in quite yet."