You find out that your significant other is seeing someone behind your back. What will you do?

I rolled my eyes. We will sit down and talk about it, like the grown up adults that we are, and see whether a separation would be the best course for us.

I sighed as I continued working on the rest of the assignment. Those questions seemed easy to answer, but I knew that it wouldn't be as easy in real life. However, I still answered the question as honestly as I could, even though I wasn't even sure myself that my "solutions" would actually work out.

After all, I wasn't really known for my award-winning impulse control.

And then, You discovered your significant other's dark past, and it bothers you to the point of considering leaving them. Will you actually leave? Explain why.

I frowned and twirled the pen in my fingers, before writing down, I won't leave him before we talk it out. His past is a part of him, and if I'm supposed to love him then I will love that part of him too.

For some reason, that particular reason really bothered me, I was still frowning at the paper when Jonah suddenly appeared in front of me with a warm cup of peppermint tea. I looked up and he was frowning at me.

"What?" I asked, before taking the cup into my hand. "Thanks."

"Why do you look so stressed out?" he asked.

I flipped the paper so he couldn't see what was written. "I was doing the paper Mr. Herberg gave us earlier today."

"Oh. I haven't seen what it's about. Can I see yours?"

"Nope," I said, keeping my arms on the table, holding the paper down. "It's confidential."

He rolled his eyes at me. "Okay, whatever. Don't frown, though. You look ugly."

I sent him a death glare. "Thanks, I'm flattered. Just go back to work." I took a sip of the drink that instantly warmed my throat down. "Thanks again."

His eyes softened. "You're welcome."

[]

I had asked Jonah if it was alright if I joined his family for dinner, and he said yes, even though he was clearly confused. I didn't tell him why though—I just showed him that I was grateful that their family let me walk into their house with open arms.

It was the first time I met Jonah's father. He looked exactly like him, and I could definitely see what Jonah would look like as an adult. He was a man of a few words, though, only speaking when necessary, but he was nice to me and didn't seem to mind my presence, so I felt welcomed there.

Jonah drove me home around nine, and he kissed me on my doorstep before leaving. When I opened the door, Mom and Dad immediately jumped up from the couch, worry etched across their faces.

"I was at Jonah's," I told them calmly, walking past to get to my room.

"Why did you turn off your phone?" Mom scolded, trying to stop me.

"I didn't. I forgot to charge it last night."

"Hannah, I know why you're upset," Dad sighed. "But you can't just disappear on us like that."

"If you know why I'm upset then why aren't you guys doing something to make me not upset?" I asked exasperatedly.

Mom ran a hand down her face in frustration. "Hannah, we have something to tell you—"

"If you're just going to tell me no again, I don't wanna hear it," I cut her off, my tone final. "Good night."

I left them to my bedroom, and they didn't go after me. Which was good, because I wanted to be alone.