Chapter Three

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Thank you for inviting me to your club, Tate."

"I was planning to invite you out for dinner tonight but I thought, you know, with all the paparazzi trying to get scoops, " He said.

"So, tingin mo I'm not good enough to be seen in public with Tate the Great?"

"You got it wrong, buttercup. You're too good for that." He shook his head. "I don't want to share you with the world. I wouldn't want to risk it. Next thing you know, we'd be on some gossip magazine with you being branded as my flavor of the night. Dito sa club ko, I'm in control. This is my kingdom."

"Don't tell me hindi totoo yung mga nababasa ko tungkol sa'yo?" Yuka roled her eyes, smirking.

"Depends on what you've read."

"Hmm... I once read on a gossip site that you had a three-way in a hotel in Mexico with a pair of famous model twins."

"I don't kiss and tell." Ngumisi ito.

"Your ex said in a tell-all that you're like a jackhammer in bed." Yuka could't stiffle her giggle.

"Mukhang marami ka nang alam tungkol sa akin." His eyes squinted, smirk tugging on one corner of his mouth. "Why don't you tell me somthing about yourself then?"

"Ano bang gusto mong malaman?"

"I want to know if you're dating someone right now. May magagalit ba pag may nakaalam na magkasama tayo?"

"Yung mga kaibigan ko siguro, it would probably blow their minds off when they find out about me being here nang hindi kinakailangan maghintay ng buwan sa waiting list at lalo silang mababaliw pag nalaman nilang kasama kita ngayon. They are crazy for you!" She laughed and shook her head. "Pero other than that, wala naman magagalit. I am so single."

"What about that guy you were with? May kasama ka daw lalaki sabi ni Yvo." He said.

"Oh, si Peter? He's just a suitor." She answered. "What about you?"

"I'm as single as can be. I haven't been in a relationship for quite awhile now."

"Bakit?"

"I don't know. I'm very picky with the women I date."

"Picky? Hindi yan ang nababasa ko tungkol sa'yo, Tate, and I can't blame you. You're like the Brad Pitt of football."

"I've only had 3 serious relationships in the past, Buttercup." He said with a proud snide.

"Nagbibiro ka ba?" Tumawa si Yuka.

"No, I'm not. I swear. I wouldn't lie to you, would I? I've only been into 3 serious relationships and the rest were flings. It's hard to commit to people you don't see a future with. Someday I want a family like the one I grew up in. I'd have a wife as wonderful as my Mom and like my Dad, I'd give her everything I could ever offer in this life. The woman I'm going to marry someday would have the world if she asks for it." He let out a dreamy sugh before taking a sip from his glass.

Yuka smiled to herself. He was her ideal man. He was the one she'd been looking for all her life. She had hit a gold mine. Saan ka makakakita ng gwapong lalaki na ibibigay sa'yo ang mundo? She thought she'd end up with some desperate rich man but here was Tate, a famous and attractive football player who has a networth of small island country. And she was genuinely attracted to him. Hindi na siya mahihirapan magkunwari.

"Do you think you've met her?" Tinignan niya ang lalaki ng diretso sa mata.

"Maybe." He said as he stared back to her as if their eyes were glued to each other. "I like you, Yuka. I know we've only been texting and talking over the phone for a week but there's just something about you..."