I turned to Jace. "Jace? Jace, oh, my God. Jace, it's ok, it's ok. Breathe." I had jace in my arms and he was gasping for air. "Where's my stele?" "It didn't come through with you." I was scared that I was losing Jace. "It's going to be ok little bug." "You're going to need more than a stele to cure him." "Will portaging him back to his own body cure him?" Clary asks. "No. Blood travels with you. It's why your angelic powers still work here. The demon venom is in his blood."

"Then we have to get him back to the Institute in our dimension." "No, we've gotta find Valentine." I held on to Jace as I tried not to tear up. I needed to be strong for him. "Jace, you're in no condition to fight." "We might not get another chance Kayla. This is important."

"I found it!" I gave Clary mine and Des' pieces and got Jace on his feet. "Come on." He groans and Magnus was putting the pieces in the portal and he opens it. "You'll have to destroy it after we go through." "Why?" "To secure your dimension from all sides. Otherwise, if it stays open, you'll be vulnerable to demon attacks again."

"I'll take care of it... and that malodorous monstrosity on that table. Thank you." "We should be the one thanking you." "No... you both gave me back a life. I won't forget it. Now go." Jace was panting. "Think of your father." He tells us. I certainly was and I knew Clary was too and we walked through the portal.

Clary's POV
We fell and Jace was groaning Kayla was scrambling to get to Jace. "Jack. Ok." Kayla was starting to cry. "It's ok, it's ok. I'm here, it's ok." Kayla said to him. "No going back." He grunts and he pulled out his stele and went over his healing rune. Magnus was right. It's not working." I said.

"It's enough." He looks at Kayla and pulls her in. "Sh sh sh little bug." She pulled out her stele and went over the rune again for him. "What is all this." Kayla said. "The makings of an army?" "There's no one here. Did Merliorn lie to us?" "He said that the portal would take us to our father."

There was banging and all three of us gasp. "Get behind me." Jace whispers. The banging continued and Jace opened the door and it wasn't my father. "It can't be. It can't be. You died. I saw it." "Jace?" "Jace... is it really you?" "Jace, how do you know this man." He look at me and Kayla. "He's my father." I looked at Jace.

Jace's POV
"Dad?" "Son. Oh, Jace." "I can't believe it." He's here he's alive. "Son, you're hurt. How did you find me?" "You're dead, Valentine killed you. Valentine's... Valentine's here." "No, Jace. It's me." I started to breath heavily. "I'm Michael Wayland. I'm Jace's father. Look, I know what Jace told you, but I've been here for ten years. Valentine took off and left me."

Kayla looked at my dad. "Michael?" Dad looked at her. "Little Makayla Fairchild." She ran to him and hugged him. "Little Bug how do you know my dad?" "When she was 5 I taught her how to use a seraph blade." "What about Jocelyn Fairchild." Clary said. "He took her with him. You are?" "Michael this is my baby sister Clary. Jocelyn's last daughter. Clary has a twin brother named Cole."

"Jace, no!" Kayla came to my side as I grunted. "It's ravener venom. He kept telling me he was alright."

Kayla's POV
"We have to find your father, not my father." Jace started breathing heavily. "Valentine's..." "His stele. Where is it." I took it out of his back pocket and handed it to Michael. "What's wrong?" I got worried. "The rune is weak. Ravener venom must be spreading."

"We have to get him help. We... we closed the closed." I had tears forming in my eyes. "Valentine's got a standing portal." "Let's go." Jace held on to me and Michael as we walked to the portal.

*At The Jade Wolf*

I saw daddy. "Daddy! We need help!" "Kayla what happened." "Jace was attacked by a ravener demon in the other dimension." Daddy looks at Michael. "Hello Lucian." "This can't be. I thought I'd never see you again." "I thought I'd see anyone again" "Demon got him. He can't fight the poison. His tunes are too weak and he needs blood, but we can't go back to the Institute right now."

Jace touches my face. "Simon. Simon, there's gotta be some kind of blood at Hotel DuMort." Clary said. "Can you get some water?" "I'll get some." Daddy left to get the water. Michael looked at me. "He's going to be fine Makayla." "He's weaker  Clary, you gotta hurry. Jace, listen to me. Clary and Simon are going to get the blood. Please, just hang on please."

"Kayla?" "I'm not going anywhere." I stroked his hair. They left and daddy came back with the water. Daddy and Michael talked as I looked at Jace. He groans. "He's awake. Jace, help is coming." Jace was gasping for air again. Jace look at me and I was on the verge of tears. "Little Bug?" I grabbed his hand and kissed it.

*Later*

*Later*

Clary came back with the blood and Michael took it and I followed him. I wanted to be there when Jace woke up.

Hello my Angels. Sorry for the lateness on this chapter I'm helping out my friend DestinyWilkerson8 with her shadowhunters story New Kid on the Block. You guys should go read it too. Be sure to follow her as well.