Chapter 6

*At the Party*

Kayla's POV
I haven't answered any of Jace's texts cause I've been busy with finding my real father. "May l?" I looked and saw Jace. "Jace. Hi. Um..." "Kayla, what's going on with you?" "Nothing." Valentine came over. "Jace nice to see you again." "Nice to see you too sir."

A slow song came on. "Uh, dad, this is, um, our song." "Go right ahead sweetie." He kissed the top of my head and I felt discussed. I started to walk away from Jace but he grabbed my hand. "Uh, Kayla... what... what's going on with you? You didn't respond to any of my texts and now you won't even dance with me."

"I'm sorry, ok? Really, I am. I just... I've got a lot on my mind." "Just one dance." I looked at him. "Fine. Ok. One." "One?" "One." He pulled me to the dance floor and I was looking for Magnus. "You got somewhere else to be?" I looked into his eyes and smiled and pulled him closer to me.

My phone chimed and it was Clary

My phone chimed and it was Clary. "Clary needs me. I'm sorry Blondie. I'll make it up to you later." I kissed him and went to where we think the portal was. "I'll know it when I see it." "What if it doesn't work?" "It will Muffin. I can feel it."

I heard someone gasp. "You know, if you were having second thoughts about us, you could have told me, instead of coming down here and holding up with some random guy. "Jace, this isn't exactly a good time." "Really? You know when would be a good time for me, Kayla?"

I was getting annoyed. I walked up to him and took my ring off and gave it to him. "Never. Never call me again." I heard a demon and I kicked it with my heel away from Jace. "What the hell is that thing?!" "Let's go. And I'm sorry for what I said." As we walked. "You still wanna marry me?" I took the ring back from him and put it back on my finger. "Yes."

When we got somewhere safe Jace sat down and he started trembling. "It's ok. It's ok." I felt energy pulsating. "Jace?"

 "Jace?"

"Yeah. You ok Brownie?" I exhaled and kissed him. "Thank God, it's you." I heard the demon again. "Jace!" Clary Jace and I started fighting the demon. Jace stabbed it and it groan. I heard a yelp and Clary grunts and Jace groans