Chapter One

Hey everybody, thanks for reading my story! Please, vote and comment and fan me! Enjoy :)

---------------------------------

***Jade's POV***

"Why can't I just stay home with you?" I asked my brother Damian as we walked out the door of our house.

Damian started walking towards his car and answered, "Because I have to go to work, and you have to go to school. You just started last month and you've only been there a week."

"Well I was sick, what do you expect?"

"I expect you to go back now that you feel better. Now come on, get in." Damian called to me while he opened the driver's seat door and climbed in. After a moment of hesitation, I opened the passenger door and stepped up into the truck. Damian drove to the high school I had only been to a few days, and hadn't exactly enjoyed. The first few days for every new student consists of the studen pretty much walking around trying to meet people. The first three days there, I spent most of my time outside reading or watching other students walk by. But the fourth day, I spent in the nurse's office until Damian could come pick me up. You could say that I hadn't really gotten to know anyone.

Sadly, today was the day I had to start classes, so I had to try to meet new people.

"Once we get inside, we have to find Trey. I'll introduce you two and then I'll get going. He's the one who's going to be your tour guide for the day while I'm at work. I talked with the principal so she would fix up your schedule to be the same as his. It'll be easier that way, and you'll have someone you know in all of your classes. The courses he's taking are pretty normal and shouldn't be that hard for you." I was paying attention as he spoke, but wasn't looking forward to meeting this guy.

"Is he a werewolf like us?" I asked, hoping I wouldn't have to follow around a human all day.

"Jade," he sighed, "He's one of the alpha's sons."

I looked at Damian with disbelief. He's going to make me follow around one of the alpha's sons all day?

We finally drove up to the school and stopped in the parking lot. Damian grabbed the keys while I grabbed my bag and we both got out of the car. He walked me up to the doors and pushed one of them open for me. We wandered aimlessly around the halls until Damian grabbed my arm. I looked up to see him pointing ahead. I looked where his finger was headed and saw a group of people surrounding a bunch of lockers. "He's in that crowd." Damian told me. He let go of my arm and walked up to the group. I purposefully stayed a few steps behind. "Hey, Trey!" He called out in front of the entire group of students. A few of them turned around to see who was yelling behind them. Behind some other heads, I could see a tall boy with black hair that came down to the middle of his neck. He looked up to see who was talking, then walked through the small crowd of people.

"Damian! Long time no see, man." He was wearing grey jeans and a black t-shirt. He was simply adorable. I can't believe he was going to be the one I had to follow around today!

"Trey, this is my little sister Jayden." Damian gestured towards me.

Trey glanced over at me and smiled. "Hello, Jayden."

I tried to hide the fact that I was blushing and said, "You can call me Jade if you want."

"Jade, huh?" Trey tilted his head and looked up as if he was in deep thought. He continued, "Jade. Nice name." He smiled again and I leaned my head down slightly so he wouldn't see the foolish smile on my face. I'm going to have to get over this if I ever want to survive the day.

"Thank you," I tried to shake the thoughts of him out of my mind. "So I hear we have the same schedule?"

Trey hesitated to answer, "Yeah, I guess so. Want me to show you around before classes start?"