Ending

Honestly speaking, in my own opinion, I did not like nor appreciate the ending of the originals. I was saddened by the turn of events. As a Niklaus Mikaelson fan, I expected him to survive until the very end, the worst live the longest after all. So many tears were shed, and I re-watched the episode for at least eight times just to confirm that it really happened. 

I already knew that Klaus was gonna die, that was given, counting how many times The Originals tried to kill him already but that didn't make it less sad for me. I did not expect the ending to be as bad as that of The Vampire Diaries. Kraloline was about to happen and then 'poof', Klaus dies. 

Elijah's death was just as vexing. I wasn't his biggest fan as the series drew closer to the end but he was still the Elijah that always run to Niklaus' side when trouble brew. He was all about family, and I didn't expect him to leave ninety-nine percent of his family behind. But then again I loved the fact that he didn't let Klaus die alone. But still....

And now I'm on my way to watch the spin-off of The Originals "Legacies". I have to. That is the only way I'll find peace. Legacies  will start airing on 25 October 2018 on The CW.

'The Originals' Series Finale Ending Killed Your Favorite Characters But It's Actually A Happy Ending, Says Julie Plec

By SYDNEY BUCKSBAUM

The Originals are just dust in the wind. Or at least, the two main characters at the center of The Vampire Diaries spinoff series are. By the end of the series finale, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) and Elijah (Daniel Gillies) chose to kill each other with the last remaining white oak stake Klaus had kept stashed away for years. After taking the dark magic from his daughter Hope (Danielle Rose Russell), thereby saving her life, he planned to kill himself with it, ending the dark magic along with his reign over the supernatural world once and for all. But Elijah, finally seeing his brother redeem himself by sacrificing himself for his daughter, completed his own life's mission and decided to die alongside his brother. While the rest of the Mikaelson clan found their happily ever afters, Klaus and Elijah broke the white oak stake in half, gripped each other's shoulders and staked each other, hoping to find peace together. showed the two legendary vampires desiccating and turning into dust, blowing away in the air.

With the two main characters of the series dying in the final moments, fans might be inclined to call the finale tragic. But The Originals creator Julie Plec hopes that viewers will see it differently. "Klaus and Elijah, being able to free themselves and release themselves from the curse of immortality that had been placed on them against their will by their parents, is a happy ending. They got their happy ending," she tells Bustle. "What awaits them on the other side of that ending is probably beautiful."

Plec knows (many) tears will be shed as that scene plays, but she doesn't see it as a tragic ending for those two characters. "I know that a lot of people see death as definable as the unhappy ending but to me we worked hard across Vampire Diaries and The Originals to show that after death is the possibility of ultimate peace within themselves and the quieting of their demons and a life lived in eternal love," she adds. "I think there's some solace to be found in there, if anybody's feeling a bit too wounded by the loss of these characters."

The über-producer also knows that some fans will be disappointed (and very vocally so on Twitter) that the finale didn't cater to any one specific relationship, and that no 'ship was revealed to be "endgame" for either Klaus and Elijah aside from their brotherly bond. But she wants to remind fans that this series was never meant to revolve around romance. "I fundamentally believe that Elijah and Klaus are the soulmates of the series," she says. "Anybody that would get between that was probably not going to be part of the endgame of this show."