It's An Emergency

Tom was sitting at his desk, watching a pair of children run past. He huffed. "Stop running!" He called. The kids slowed down for a moment, but still ran regardless.

He rolled his eyes, putting a hand to his cheek as he looked back to his computer.

"Thomas! I'm transferring a call. It's your husband again." His co-worker, Theresa, said with a chuckle, phone in her hand. The two of them, including their other co-workers knew of Matt's habit of calling the library just to talk to Tom. Tom laughed and rolled his eyes, picking up the phone at his desk. "Yes Matt? Is it an emergency?"

"Tom..I want a hug." Matt whined over the line. He was rarely like this, but he had his days. It was only the work of his hormones.  Tom rolled his eyes. "Babe, you know I can't leave."

"But you're on your lunch break!"

"My lunch break ended an hour ago." Tom reminded him, clicking away on the chunky monitor in front of him. His husband groaned. "Pleeease! I'm really lonely, Tom. Edd left a few minutes ago!"

"Cuddle with Ringo!" Tom teased. Matt huffed. "She scratched me last week! I don't trust her anymore!" The eyeless brit sighed. "Matt, I'm sorry, but I can't leave."

A soft sniffle could be heard from the other side of the line. Tom mentally groaned, putting a hand to his face. "Are you crying?!" Matt sniffed. "Mhm.."

"Ugh! Fine, alright, just give me a few minutes, okay?" Tom rolled his eyes, hanging up. "Tell Margaret that I had to go deal with a problem." Theresa laughed at the mention of their supervisor, nodding. "Yeah, yeah. I can't cover for you all the time, you know."

"Sure you can." Tom joked, patting her shoulder as he walked out.

Matt was sitting on the couch, looking like a sad puppy. He perked up when the door unlocked, heaving himself up from his seat as he made his way to the door. Tom stepped in, nearly falling over when he was tackled by his husband.

Tom laughed, kissing his cheek and returning the hug. "Aww, you must've really missed me, huh?" Matt pecked him on the lips. "I'm sorry for distracting you again." He ran a hand through Tom's hair. "I was just really lonely."

"Yeah, it's all good." Tom smoothed his hands over Matt's bump, bending slightly to give it a kiss. "I have to go now, alright? I don't wanna get fired."

"Ugh, alright." Matt sighed, giving him a tight hug before he could go. Tom kissed him on the lips before he headed back out. "I'll see you when I get back home, alright?"

"Yeah, alright."

The two of them waved to eachother, before Tom headed back out to work.