“Yes the detectives on my case are downstairs right now… I can’t believe this”

“Well how do they know this for sure?” She questioned.

“They have him on surveillance”

I couldn’t help to think of how they knew he shot me when they only had surveillance cameras from the day before.

The knock at my door caused me to jump because of how paranoid I was.

“Rasia I gotta go” I hung up on her.

I went to go open my bedroom door and my mom came in.

I automatically latched on to her and cried into her chest. “What did I get myself into?”

“Tavi it’s not your fault” She rubbed her hands up and down my back comforting me.

“I don’t ever want to see him again!” I cried. “I never want my child around him”

“She never will be, but Tavi you have to testify at trial” She informed me.

I removed myself from her. “W-what?”

There was no way I was going to be able to sit in a court room with the same person that almost took my life.

I just know I can’t do it.

“If he doesn’t confess, there will be a trial and you’ll have to testify… You have to do it in order to send him away”

I walked over and sat down on my bed. “Mom I don’t know if I can do that”

I didn’t know how to feel on sending away my child’s father for a long time.

But in the same token he tried to kill the both of us. I just don’t have it in me to basically take someones life away.

“You can, and you will!” She walked over to me. “You have to be strong for your little girl” She grabbed my chin to make me look up at her. “Okay?”

I nodded my head. “Okay”

<> 

Shayne

I sat in the cold interrogation room waiting for someone to come and talk to me.

My hands were cuffed behind my back in an uncomfortable position.

I sighed thinking about everything that just happened.

Not only have I just been arrested but I’m being arrested for something I didn’t do.

And I already know it’s going to be hard trying to prove that I’m innocent, but all I need is to get my dad on the phone so that he can get me a lawyer to straighten this all out.