XIX

Tavi

“Mom, she won’t stop moving” I complained as I tried to take a nap.

The first time I felt her move it wasn’t that often and it was every once in a while. Now that I’m six months she moves nonstop and it’s always when I’m trying to get some sleep.

My mom came downstairs into the living room to check up on me while I layed on the couch.

“Who was at the door?” She asked.

“It was Shayne...” I sighed.

I honestly wasn’t mad at Shayne for showing up the way he did, because I would feel some type of way too if the mother of my child was going to appointments with another nigga.

But at the same time he never calls and checks up on me to make sure that I’m okay and he never seems interested in appointments anyways.

“Really? What did he want?” She asked sitting on the smaller couch.

“He wants to come to the next Doctors appointment” I replied. “So I told him when it’s gonna be”

She nodded her head. “Well that’s good, that he—“

She was interrupted by the knocking at the front door.

She got up to get it and then she walked into the living room with the lead detectives on my case.

I haven’t heard or seen them since they came to my hospital room a few times back in September so it was surprising to see them now.

I sat up straight as they stood in the living room.

“We came here today to tell you both that two of our police officers just arrested the man that shot you” The male detective started.

My mom and I both looked at each other shocked.

We didn’t even know that they had someone in mind.

“Who was it?” My mom asked the same question that I was thinking.

“It was a twenty-three year old man, by the name of Shayne Livingston” The female detective answered. “We haven’t spoken to him yet, but we’re on our way to the station now”

“How do y-you know t-this for sure?” I stuttered.

The male detective pulled out an iPad and handed it to me. “What you’re looking at is surveillance of the night before you got shot when you were out having dinner. The car is Shayne’s and as you watch you can see a gun point out the window when you guys come out the restaurant.”

I watched the screen and saw everything that he said happen.