I watched as I came out of the restaurant with my mom and dad and I watched as the gun pointed out of the window of the car.

“He didn’t shoot that night because of course you all got into the car before he could get a good shot, so when you pulled away so did he” The female detective finished.

I watched as the screen went blank indicating that the footage was over.

My breathing increased and I had to put my hand over my chest to slow it down.

“Why would he do this?” My mom asked placing her hand over her mouth.

“We don’t know yet, that’s why we’re about to go to the station.” The male answered.

I shook my head at everything they were saying, it all seemed unreal.

I couldn’t believe what I just watched and I couldn’t believe what they were telling me.

My mom sighed. “How long will he go to jail for?”

“Well right now he’s looking at two counts of attempted murder which is fifteen years, but if Micheal dies he’s looking at one count of attempted murder and one count of homicide which is twenty-five years to life.”

I felt the tears coming as the imformation was being said.

I stood up ready to walk away because I couldn’t take hearing it anymore.

“Tavi…” The female detective stopped me. “I promise that we won’t let him hurt you again”

I looked into her eyes. “Good!”

I ran up the steps and into my room pasting back and forth.

I grabbed my phone from off the charger and dialed Rasia’s number.

My hands started to tremble as I waited for her to pick up.

“Tavi!” Rasia yelled through the phone. “Shayne got arrested”

I nodded. “I know!”

“Well do you know why? None of us know?” She asked.

I’m guessing she’s with Chris and Jr. Bird like always.

“He tried to kill me!” I cried. “Rasia this man almost killed me, and here I am carrying his child”

The other end of the phone was silent for a second before she started to speak again.

“Tavi are you sure?” She cried. “Are you sure that’s why he was arrested?”

“What happened” I heard someone in the background say.