Chapter One

Little note first:i am a really fast typer so often make mistakes in spelling and grammar so if you see any just let me know and i will try and fix it.

Disclaimer - The characters and settings and all belong to J.K Rowling i.e. my Queen so yeah i don't own anything.

Hermione's point of view

"Good-bye mum, bye dad!"

This year was going to be strange. We had all been asked to retake last year due to the wizarding war, which in my opinion was very clever! All I wanted was a stress-free year without any drama. Pah! Like I was actually going to get that! As I boarded the train my eyes wandered to the last compartment which had always been the compartment that Harry, Ron and I had sat in. As I walked over I bumped into my best friend and almost sister.... Ginny Weasley.

"Ron is in your usual compartment" and after a moments hesitation she added "Harrys there too" I thanked her and walked over.

My arrival brought smiles. I think they thought I would stay at home with my parents since I have only just given them there memories back. If that was so then they really didn't know me at all. Ron, my Ron, jumped up at the sight of me and before I had even stepped through the door he had picked me up and swung me around only to stop and kiss me. Let's just say the rest of journey there was not boring!

*Later after the great feast*

The common room was loud and full as usual! However, unlike usual Professor McGonagall decided to stop by. A hush fell over the room as she was now the head mistress and it wasn't costumery for the head to be in the common rooms. 

"I come baring news" she stated with as sad smile "as you all know the wizarding war has left us with many losses...."

Lavender, Lupin, Tonks....... plus, Fred Weasleys almost death.

"....it has also changed many of us-some for better-others for worse"

We all looked down... some of the students have become superstitious and jumpy. A first year watched his older brother being killed...poor boy became insane.

"due to this a select few who the sorting hat believes may have changed will be sorted again to fit with the people best suited to their personality. If the following people could stand up; Eliza Botrud, Mike Stint and Hermione Granger. The likelihood is that you will be sorted back into Gryffindor however there is a chance you will be moved!"

I gulped, I don't know why, but I did. Why would I get moved? I am a Gryffindor at heart... everyone said so! Still I followed McGonagall into her office and sat waiting to be sorted.

I swallowed, I was up, everyone else had been sorted back into their original house and had been sent back. I stood, slightly apprehensive, and approached the hat....

"So, Miss Granger.... Your loyalty is as strong as ever... no surprise there, no surprise.... though your ambition is stronger as well......leadership, cunning"

The words echoed through my head I new what would come next through I prayed it was not true!

"SLYTHERIN"

The sorting hats voice boomed echoing through the headmistress's office. The word bounced off the walls and hit me in the gut. All of my childhood enemy's and bullies were in that house! Including Draco Malfoy...the teenage Death Eater!

"There must be some mistake!" I cried my voice hoarse "I'm not a Slytherin."

"I don't make mistakes, Miss Granger." The hat replied sounding slightly offended.