Chapter 7

You awoke the next morning and it was still raining. You smiled to yourself. Another day of not watering crops. Your pet was asleep on the floor. You walked to your window. Sure enough, the ground was wet. You changed and walked outside. Unexpectedly, Leah was standing outside, how long had she been here? She gave you a slight smile. "Girl talk time!"

"Girl talk time?"

"Yeah! Didn't you do it in the city?"

"Sleepover Secrets?"

"If that's what you called it!"

"The game where you reveal secrets...?"

"Yep!" You hesitantly let her in. Leah looked around. "Nice place." Leah was acting really weirdly. She hopped onto your bed. "Sit down!" She glanced at you. "I saw your pomegranate tree," she said flippantly. "Which leads me to my first question." You gulped fearing what she would ask. "Your crush?" You blushed and looked away.

"D-Don't have one."

"Great Yoba, Y/N, you're a bad liar."

"W-what do you mean?"

"Anyone can see it," Leah said.

"See what?" You played dumb, though you had previously known Leah was onto you. She was probably only asking for confirmation. Leah looked at you.

"Really, you're playing games now? Admit it, girl." You looked at her.

"You do already know, ya know."

"I do?"

"Leah.... stop playing dumb. I know you know. I've seen you." Leah let out an odd sound.

"You've.... seen me?"

"Spying on us, yes." You looked at the window, misty-ed from the rain. "You're not very good at hiding."

"Yes," she admitted eventually. "I have been spying, I just wanted confirmation." You looked at her, your theory was right. "I just wanted you to admit it to yourself."

"I have, a while ago actually."

"So it's Elliott?"

"I think you already know the answer. My question now. Do you have a crush?" Leah shook her head.

"No." Leah stood up. "Well, good talk." She walked towards the door.

"Really, that's all?" You called after her.

"I don't have anymore questions to ask."

"Huh. Well, bye."

"Bye." You watched her go. I bet she only wanted to get that information from me, you thought, frowning. You turned to your pet. It's expression told you everything, it thought that too. You walked over to your windows, and looked out at them. You gazed at the tree sapling, and sighed. You thought about Elliott and wondered if he was writing his book. You looked at the tree again. She was growing very nicely, and she looked almost full grown. You sighed and lay on your bed.