Retired Epcot Attractions Mike Matei Blog

Mike Matei: I'd like to talk about my memories going to Epcot Center in Walt Disney World back in the mid to late eighties

Mike Matei: I'd like to talk about my memories going to Epcot Center in Walt Disney World back in the mid to late eighties. I have a lot of fond memories for the way it was then, which is almost entirely changed now.

The park was originally made to honor Walt's vision of making the world a better place in the future. To appreciate Epcot fully, you also should know something about the history of The World's Fair. Those were expositions where the nations of the world would celebrate and showcase advances and innovation in society. To get an idea of how big a deal this was back in the old days, the Eiffel Tower was built as the front entrance to this event! Perhaps that was the idea to build "the giant golf ball" as the centerpiece to the park, but that's just my own guess.

What they started in Tomorrowland, they would expand upon with Epcot Center. The park opened in 1982, but as the years went on, many of the rides became obsolete and the park drastically changed.

As far as I know, the only things that are really still the same are The Land, some parts of Spaceship Earth and certain areas in World Showcase. Anyhow, lets talk about the bygone attractions!

Source by: https://medium.com/mike-matei/retired-epcot-attractions-mike-matei-blog-a9f7d38f1206