Chapter 6

A/N: This is actually discontinued (or maybe on hiatus, who knows) but I have up to chapter 18 completed on my hard drive, so I'll post them here for whoever wants to read this. I'm not an active user on Wattpad, and I've been having issues trying to upload new chapters. You can find up to chapter 18 on Fanfiction.net as well; my username is the same as it is on here. If I ever do update, it'll probably be on that site - I often forget that I have a Wattpad account. I haven't worked on this since 2016, which is when chapter 18 was written, and the brief glances I've had of this work make me CRINGE, meaning I probably won't ever reread this even if I do attempt to continue. 

Roy hurried down the street, turning his head left and right and scanning the area in a frantic search for the young blond. He had known that Edward was fast, but he honestly didn't think that he would be that fast!

Where in the world could the pipsqueak have gone off to? And more importantly, why did he leave in the first place?

Roy had been shocked when Edward had suddenly lost it, claiming to be sick of him and expressing the need to get away from him. He would be lying if he said he was not a little bit hurt by Ed's outburst. He wasn't that horrible to be around, was he? He honestly didn't think so; in fact, he had been pretty damn nice to the kid!

How exactly was he messing with the kid's head? What had he done wrong?

Mustang almost stopped in his tracks. What had he done wrong? Fullmetal was at fault for being so difficult, not him! Didn't the kid see that he was trying to help? In his current state, he could easily die if he was left alone!

Mustang's stomach tossed and turned painfully. He was responsible for Edward right now, but how could he possibly watch him if he didn't even know where he was? He had to find Edward, and fast!

Roy turned to the nearest person. "Excuse me!"

The middle-aged woman stopped to look at Roy. A small girl clutched her hand tightly, staring up at Roy with wide green eyes.

"Can I help you Sir?"

"Yes, I'm looking for a teenage boy. He has blond hair and golden eyes. Right now he's wearing a black jacket and black trousers. He might've run past you earlier looking a bit distressed. Have you seen him?"

The woman regarded him with something like approval in her eyes. "Why, yes!" she said. "He was sitting on a wall back there when I walked past him. He might still be there."

"Thank-you so much, Madam!"

With barely another glance at the woman and her child, Roy took off down the street, anxious to find Edward.

He came to a brick wall soon enough, but to his dismay, there was no one sitting on it. Edward must've moved on already; he had missed him! Roy stopped to catch his breath and leaned against the wall, holding a stitch in his side.

"Dammit Fullmetal!" he said, none to quietly. People swerved around him and mothers shot him dirty looks, but he didn't care. "Edward," he said more quietly, "where are you?"

"Colonel, I'm here!"

Roy's head snapped up and he glanced around frantically. That was definitely Edward, but where was he?

"I'm behind the wall, Colonel. Hurry!"

Ah.

Mustang stood on the tips of his toes and used his arms to pull himself up and drape himself over the wall. He peered down to see a most unusual sight. In any other situation, he might've laughed and snapped a picture.