I looked at them. "Someone they trust." Like, I don't know...Chronos. I went over to Mick and grabbed his robot glove. "Give me that." I tossed the glove to Ray, who started typing a few things on it. "Here."

"I'm hotswapping Mr. Rory's hard drive as we speak," Gideon told us. The monitors started beeping faster.

"Whatever you're doing, do it faster," Sara said.

Ray typed a few more things before the screen told us the lock on didn't go through. "And done."

"Now, Sara!" Rip yelled.

Sara punched it. The Waverider rose up before it flew away. That was close.

》》》》

Snart finally arrived. "Professor's in the med-bay.  Promises not to blow up while he's on board, which I thought was considerate."

"Yeah, the Professor's condition is the least of our worries, I'm afraid," Rip said.

"Yeah, much to my chagrin, it turns out everything we've done, maybe even our whole lives, has been determined by the Time Masters," Ray said.

I gave them a confused look. "What?"

Rip explained more for Sara, Snart, and I. "The Time Masters have this thing called the Oculus, which allows them not only to gaze into the future, but to engineer it."

"A future where I'm dead, apparently," Ray added some more before motioning towards me. "And where Morgan's son wants to kill us." I glared at him. "Sorry."

"And why would they want you dead?" Sara asked. True, the Time Masters are very spot on if they want Ray dead. Me, too, for the matter.

"Have you ever listened to what comes out of his mouth?" Mick asked. Yep.

"Now, in my opinion, Dr. Palmer's death is not part of their plan," Rip said.

"Then why would they show you it?" I couldn't help but wonder. "If we're the Time Masters little puppets, then why show you it."

Suddenly, Mick slapped Ray's arm. A small chuckle leaving my lips as Ray yelled ow.

"You saying the Time Masters wanted me to do that?" Mick asked. I reciprocated and slapped his bald head. "Hey!"

I shrugged my shoulders. "The Time Masters wanted me to do it."

"Enough," Rip said. "The Time Masters have been engineering our lives to move in very specific directions. And we are playing out that script even now." So if I wanted  to go to the bathroom, the Time Masters would know it.

Sara got up from the Rip's chair and made her way over. "So we can go to 2016, but that might be what the Time Masters want. Or we can go get Kendra and Carter -"

"Which could also be what they want," Snart finished.

"Then we need to do what they don't want," Ray concluded. Well, how are we suppose to know what they don't want? "If the Oculus is what they're using to control us, then we need to destroy it."

I crossed my arms. "You know it could be just another part of their plan. We're the Pinocchio in their little scheme. Always pulling our strings."

"Well, Druce told me that the Oculus' ability to control our actions doesn't work in the Vanishing Point, most likely because the Vanishing Point itself exists outside of time," Rip said.

"Explains why we were able to escape," Mick added.

"And why we might actually have a shot at destroying this thing," Sara said. "I'm with Ray." Sara proceeded into patting Ray's shoulder, a bit hard. I smirked when I heard him wince.