Chapter 13. - Untrue Love

I am, and will always be, the friend who protects. The friend who will fight for you. And the friend that will be by your side. No matter what. I'm here.

----------

EVIE AND I LINKED ARMS as we started walking over the blue carpet. Journalists started taking pictures of us and started asking questions. Evie stopped us and posed, looking professional while I simply forced a smile and gave a small wave. Both of us earned compliments on our appearances and I immediately gave Evie credit for the amazing dress she made me. The bottom was completely black and the top was covered with a few diamonds. I had an open back and the dress hugged my figure, showing my curves.

"Did you design the barrette?" Someone questioned Evie. Evie's hand went up to touch it.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" She replied, earning a nod from the woman who had asked the question. "Uhm, no it's not my creation. Many of the hair accessories this evening are made by a fabulous new designer, 'Dizzy of the Isle'." Evie promoted Dizzy and I smiled. Evie gestured to the one in my hair and I turned to show it as she continued, "So is this beautiful one in Hadee's hair." She told them. The barrette in my hair was shaped like a leave and covered in black diamonds. I turned back around as Doug approached us and held out his arm for Evie. Evie grabbed hold of it and we all went aboard the huge yacht where Cotillion was being held. I heard the music and started moving along with it.

"I'll see you two later okay?" I told Doug and Evie. They nodded.

"Sure." Evie smiled. I turned the other way, leaving the couple alone. I wasn't going to third-wheel, I was fine having fun on my own. I danced a little and after a while spotted Adam and Belle at them bottom of the stairs. I danced my way around people to get off the dancefloor and approached them.

"Your majesties." I greeted with a pleasant smile.

"Oh, hello, Hadee dear," Belle replied with a smile of her own.

"How are you?" Adam asked politely.

"I'm fine," I told them.

"Are you sure, sweetie? Ben told us you all went to the Isle. That had to be hard." Belle grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze. I gave her a nod.

"Yes, I'm sure. It was weird how fast I fell back into old habits but it made me realize I'm glad I came here," I told them honestly. Adam nodded.

"I have to admit I wasn't all that excited about Ben's proclamation at first but it turned out to be one of his best decisions. I'm glad he invited the five of you here." Adam told me and Belle smiled at her husband.

"Thank you. So am I." The trumpets started and we all turned our attention to the stairs. I stepped aside a little and stood next to Belle, where I was supposed to stand.

"The future Lady Mal," Lumiere announced. I saw Evie grab Doug's hand in excitement as Jay, Lonnie, Carlos and Jane made their way to the front to get a good view and cheer on Mal. I smiled at them fondly to myself, they were great friends. Lumiere stepped aside and Mal appeared on top of the stairs. Many people gasped at her. She looked gorgeous. I was grinning from ear to ear when I saw her. Mal took a few steps forward and took a pause on top of the stairs. We all cheered for Mal, which made her smile. Lumiere told her something that made her chuckle before she descended. Mal looked tense but less tense than before Lumiere talked to her. Adam met her halfway to guide her down the stairs.

"Ben is on his way," Adam told Mal as Belle and I got closer to them. "And you look beautiful." He added. Mal looked down at her dress.

"Thank you." She chuckled nervously. Belle grabbed both Mal's hands.