Chapter 13. - Untrue Love

Start from the beginning

"I know we were shocked at first, but you," Belle paused. "you are exactly what Ben needs."

"And, lucky for me, she doesn't go by first impressions," Adam added, nodding at his wife. The four of us laughed.

"Chin up, Mal," I told the still tense and nervous-looking Mal. "You're a future Lady now. It means you're pretty awesome." I flipped my hair over my shoulder.

"Hey, you're no future Lady anymore, Lady Hadee." Mal teased.

"I know. A Lady is even more awesome. Right, Lady Belle?" Belle linked her arm with mine.

"Yes, it is," She told Mal seriously. We laughed and Evie approached us and waited.

"Of course." Adam gestured for Mal to join Evie. I smiled and gave Mal an encouraging nod. Both Mal and Evie smiled at me before joining our friends. I stayed next to Adam and Belle. The trumpets blared again and Lumiere stepped forward once again.

"King Benjamin." He announced loud and clear. Stepping aside again for Ben to appear behind him. Ben was dressed in a neat suit but his pants had a touch of the Isle, being half made of leather. When I looked at Mal I saw her gaping at him with her mouth open. Very Lady-like Mal. Evie was applauding and Mal started smiling brightly and joined Evie. I applauded as well, only without the cheering, I still had a camera pointed at me and expectations to behave the right way. The applause died down and Evie said something to Mal that made her step forward. When both Mal and Ben stood across from each other, they both bowed.

"Mal, I wish I had time to explain," Ben told Mal apolitically. Ben turned his attention to the top of the stairs and I saw Mal's smile drop a little before I turned my attention to where Ben was looking. My chin fell to the floor as I saw Uma appear on top of the stairs. Whispers started and Mal gasped loudly. I started glaring at Uma and clenched my fists as my hair started to burn. My glare turned to Ben when he went to greet Uma.

"What the actual hell," I muttered under my breath. Belle didn't even scold me from swearing, too shocked by her son's actions to care about my swearing. When I looked at Mal my heart broke a little at my friend's heartbroken expression. I grabbed Belle's arm.

"Excuse me," I said before rushing to Mal's side and grabbing her hand. My hair flared when Ben kissed Uma's hand that wore Ben's ring. People around me, except my friends, backed away from me. Whispers started as people pointed at either Ben and Uma or at me. Ben and Uma approached Mal and me and I took a protective step forward. Uma was wearing a sickly-sweet smile that didn't fit her one bit. Mal gripped my hand tighter.

"Sorry, it all happened so fast. Something happened to me when I was on the Isle with Uma." He turned to look at Uma. "A connection." Both smiled at each other as if they were in love, which I didn't buy for one second. I grit my teeth together and clenched the fist that wasn't holding Mal's hand.

"I've got a connection for both of you. I think you and my fist will get along great!" I let go of Mal's hand and raised my fist. Ben and Uma's eyes widened as I swung but I was pulled back before my fist could reach them.

"Easy Hadee! Easy!" Carlos got in front of me, pushing me back, while Jay and Lonnie both pinned my arms behind my back. "Calm down," Carlos told me. I calmed a little but my hair didn't stop flaming brightly. I was still fuming but I stopped struggling and Jay and Lonnie let go. The attention went back to Ben, Mal and Uma, while I stood behind Jay and Lonnie so that they could stop me just in case.

"What are you saying?" Mal asked barely above a whisper but everyone heard.

Suddenly, a hand covered my mouth as I was pulled back. My widened eyes snapped to the face of the person who had now pulled me away from the crowd and out of earshot.