Chapter Five: Staying At 221b For The Night

Começar do início

"No, don't you dare," she said.

"Don't I dare what?"

"Don't you dare leave this apartment and do something you'll regret. It happened and it's all over now. And look! I'm okay."

"You don't understand, Abby. Nothing gives him the right to break into my friend's flat and scare her half to death in order to get her to spy on me."

Abigail paused a moment. Long enough to raise an eyebrow at Sherlock and say, "Abby?"

"Abigail is too long and takes too much time and energy to say. Abby is short and sweet and pretty, like you."

Abigail scoffed. "I will have you know that I am 5'6, that is at least 4 inches shorter than you and not short enough for you to consider me 'short and sweet'."

Sherlock smiled down at Abigail. He liked her sassiness.

Eventually, Sherlock decided to listen to Abigail and stay. Due to the fact that Abigail was still shaken up a bit from what happened, Sherlock allowed her to stay as long as she needed.

Sherlock was on his laptop, looking into something, when Abigail came out of his bedroom with a pillow and a blanket. Sherlock raised an eyebrow.

"What do you think you're doing?" he asked.

"I'm setting up a bed. I don't want to take your bedroom," she replied.

"Why not?"

"Cause it's your bedroom! Your bedroom, you sleep there. I'm the guest, I sleep on the couch. And don't fight with me cause you'll only lose."

Sherlock rolled his eyes and looked back at the computer. Abigail made up her bed on the couch and lied down. She pulled the blanket up to her chin. She turned on her side so she could watch what Sherlock was doing.

She studied him as he stared at the computer screen. He'd start typing away, then he'd stop for a moment and stare at the screen once again.

Abigail never noticed how good looking Sherlock really was. At moments like this, when his guard was down and he didn't think anyone was looking, he looked handsome. He looked aeons younger than he really was. He looked more like mid 20s than early 30s.

Sherlock felt Abigail's eyes on him, but choose to ignore her. He was typing up something for his website to take his mind off of the case and off of the anger he felt towards Mycroft at the moment.

Abigail's eyes slowly moved to the fireplace.

"Where's your skull?" she asked.

Sherlock looked over his shoulder then back at his computer. "Mrs. Hudson took it."

"Why?"

"Punishment."

"For what?"

"She found a jar of blood in the fridge."

"Blood?" Abigail asked in amazement. "Human blood? Where's you get a jar of human blood."

"I have people," Sherlock replied. "It was an experiment. I wanted to see how long it would take for blood to freeze in a normal temperature fridge."

Abigail chuckled and said, "Can blood even freeze?"

"I don't know and I never will because Mrs. Hudson made me take the blood out."

Abigail giggled. She felt safe in 221b with Sherlock, despite anything Mycroft said to her.

Seconds turned into minutes and minutes soon turned into an hour. It was nearly 12 at night. Abigail's eyes were getting heavy and she could barley keep them open. Sherlock had moved from the desk to the chair with a pillow that looked like the British flag (A/N: John's chair).

He studied the way Abigail was sleeping. One arm was tucked under her pillow and the other hand was placed under her. Her legs were curled just enough for the tips of her knees to be over the side of the couch. Her face was peaceful. She looked peaceful.

Sherlock was enraged with his brother. He couldn't believe Mycroft would break into Abigail's house and try to get her to spy on him, scaring one of Sherlock's only friends half to death in the process.

"That man has no morals," Sherlock whispered to himself.

Another hour in silence passed. Sherlock, who usually never slept when he was on a case, found himself growing tired. He rested his head on his knuckle, eyes still on Abigail. Before he knew it, his eyes were closed and he was fast asleep.

*******

*A/N: I'm not overly proud of this chapter. Meh.

Also, I was watching A Study In Pink the other day and I realized that (I think) Sherlock and John were just moving into 221b Baker Street. I thought that Sherlock had been living there beforehand because his stuff was there and everything. I'm sorry for this mistake, it was just me not paying close enough attention when I watched A Study In Pink the first time. Please no hate or anything.