5

Ariel's POV
I got to the hospital and walked inside and I saw Gage and he came over to me.

"How is he?" I asked.

"He's still in surgery. They won't tell us anything right now." He said. I sighed.

"How did you know to call me?" I asked.

"The doctor said he asked for someone to call you." He said. I nodded. He walked me over to where he was sitting.

"Where's your parents?" I asked.

"Hell if I know. I'm his emergency contact and I couldn't in contact with them." He said. I shook my head. Colby said they're always flaky and nowhere to really be found. I sighed and sat down.

"Did you call Sam?" I asked.

"I don't have his number and couldn't find it in his phone." He said. I slid my phone out of my pocket and called Sam putting the phone to my ear. He answered on the second ring.

"I'm already on my way to the hospital." He said.

"How did you know he was here?" I asked.

"I felt something was wrong. What happened? Do you know?" He asked.

"He got into a nasty accident." I said.

"How did you find out?" He asked.

"Gage called me." I said.

"How did he get your number?" He asked.

"Colby's phone." I said.

"Right. Well I'm almost there." He said.

"Okay, well apparently he's still in surgery." I said.

"Alright, see you soon." He said and hung up. I slid my phone in my pocket and sighed. The doctor walked out.

"Colby?" He asked. We stood up. "Alright, surgery went well. He will be okay. He has broken ribs, a broken leg and a broken arm." He said. We nodded. "You guys can see him, he's awake." He said. We nodded. Gage grabbed his stuff.

"Sam is almost here. I'll wait till he gets here and I'll text you to find out where he's at." I said.

"Okay." He followed the doctor. I went and sat down and waited. Sam texted me.

Sam: Stuck in traffic, be there in 20.

Yeah screw that. I texted Gage and he told me where he was and I went down the halls and found Gage in a room. I walked in and saw Colby laying in the bed. He saw me and smiled.

"Ariel, you're here." He said.

"Of course I am. How did this happen?" I asked.

"I don't even know. I was driving to go see you and some dumbass drunk driver was going like 90 and he hit me." He said. I sighed.

"I'm glad you're okay." I said and kissed his cheek. He smiled.

"Is mom and dad here?" He asked looking at Gage.

"No, I tried calling and they didn't answer." Gage said. He sighed. Sam walked in.

"Colby." He said and walked over and hugged him. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." He said. I sat in the chair beside his bed and he grabbed my hand with his hand that wasn't with the cast. I intertwined our fingers.

"Damn, dude. You finally gonna have an actual girlfriend and not someone you just hook up with?" He asked. I looked at Colby.

"We- I- don't know." He said. I looked away. He rubbed my hand with his thumb. He leaned closer to my ear. "Of course you're my girl." He said. I smiled to myself. He kissed my cheek causing me to smile more.

"Uh, I have to go." Gage said looking at the time. They did their handshake and Gage left. Sam was texting someone a paragraph it seems.

"I feel sorry for whoever is on the other end of that message." I said. He had seemed pissed for some reason.

"It's nothing." He locked his phone and put it in his pocket.

"Problems with Kat again?" Colby asked.

"Yeah, she's pissed off at me cause I left from hanging out with her to come see you." He said.

"She'll get over it." I said. His phone started ringing and he pulled it out and saw whoever was calling and he ignored the call.

"I should get going before she breaks up with me for the millionth time." He rolled his eyes and did a handshake with Colby and gave me a side hug before leaving.

"And then there were two." I said. He chuckled.

"It's okay, I like spending alone time with you." He said. I smiled.

~
I was slowly falling asleep on the chair when Colby moved a little.

"Baby, if you want to get some sleep go home." He said.

"The only place that I could have called home is no longer home." I said.

"I'm talking about my place. My parents don't care if you live there." He said.

"I'm not leaving till you're out of here." I said. He nodded and sighed. I turned the TV on and started flipping through the channels. He saw some movie on and asked me to stop on it so he can watch it. I did that and turned up the volume on it. Colby is seriously the sweetest guy ever. Tonight is gonna be a goodnight.

~~~~~~~~~
Soooo, this one is a bit shorter than the others. I've started on this one a few days ago and I'm just now finishing it. Shit has been rough these last couple of days and I am so so so sorry.

Follow
Vote
Comment 🤪