"Look, your mother--"

I cut him off. "You can cut the bullshit." I sat up more, some of the sickening feeling going down along with my hope I would get to Mark. Our conversation (if you want to call it that) was enough of a distraction from the pain as well as my evolving plot to get weed. "I see you haven't forgiven her. In fact, to me, it seems you are still very disgusted with her. You hate that she tried hiding me and got rid of my stuff. So don't lie just because you feel you need to stay loyal to her."

I folded my knees under me as I sat at the end of the couch, propping my head up with my hand that I rested against the arm of the couch. I was facing him from where he was sitting in the chair adjacent to me. At hearing my words, his eyes grew and lips parted slightly. He stared at me, not expecting for me to see that was the truth. Luke was surprised I was on target. That's what he gets for trying to lie to me. Maybe he will learn a thing or two.

He tried hiding his shock behind a calculating expression. After a moment of him thinking over what I just said, or deciding how to react to it, he leaned forward slightly, looking at me more intently now. "It doesn't matter," he said, not denying it exactly. "I love Clare and though I am beyond upset with her, I do forgive her. That is where you are wrong. I forgive her because I know we will work it out. You are right. I think it was wrong for her to get rid of your things and all trace of you. But she didn't do it out of hate for you. She did it because she felt she needed to."

His eyes tried their best to convince me of that too. It didn't work. "I don't believe you. You don't forgive her, no matter what you say to me or her. I see that this broke a huge part of your marriage. And thank god too. She deserves to be hurt."

He shook his head, frustrated and uneasy. But he was trying to hide it. With an annoyed chuckle, he said, "Look, think what you want. We are getting off track and for no reason when this has nothing to do with you going shopping for new things."

He paused and in it, I knew. Hell, the words did it for me and the pause was just a tease. He knew, like I thought. Well, at least the pill was starting to help.

I smirked. "I have no idea what you are talking about," I said sarcastically. "Can't you and I just go shopping for some new things for me? It could be a good time for some father daughter bonding time," I said sweetly. And because it was sweet, it was sarcastic.

He smiled sadly at me. "In your state, there is only one thing you want. And that thing isn't to go shopping."

I groaned. "Fine," I said, stretching it out in a long exaggerated sigh. "I'll make you a deal. If you let me get some weed, I promise I will share with you."

"Nice try," he said, relaxing and sitting back in his chair now that the subject was back on what this was really about and not him and Clare. "You know, I understand what you are going through," he said. "This unusual craving for such a harmless drug compared to most. After all, weed usually doesn't do this to you."

"Well, you understand just about everything, don't you buddy?" I said with a light voice, referring to how 'understanding' he was towards my feelings. How he 'understood' I wasn't insane but rather just confused. How much he 'understands' that Clare lied for the best. Now, he 'understands' what I'm feeling going without weed. Well, wasn't this guy just.... Hm, what's the word? Understanding?

"Yeah, I do understand," he snapped, not liking at all the attitude I was constantly giving him. But hey, he deserved it for how 'understanding' he is. "Have you ever heard of withdrawal? Because that's what you are starting to go through. Getting sick will be an understatement soon enough and you will do nearly anything to get those drugs back in your system. You are going to be desperate and would be much more now if I hadn't given you that pill. The pill is working, correct?"